penguinpc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
main.php

Nikon D40, Aperture: F22, Focal: 34mm, Exposure: 1/50 sec, 200 ISO, No flash

Thanks for looking and commenting.

quite like it but seems to have a speck on your sensor on the mid right hand side, probably more visible with the small aperture, was this hand held?

quite like it but seems to have a speck on your sensor on the mid right hand side, probably more visible with the small aperture, was this hand held?

Yes, it is hand held. I can remove that with the Gimp, but I wasn't sure if it was caused by the sunlight on my lens. However, I did lay down in some weeds/flowers to take a few shots, so it's possible this a speck on the filter. Should be easy enough to edit out.

The picture doesn't do anything for me, but your sensor is really dirty...the left side of the picture has lots of dark spots caused by dust on the sensor.

The white spot on the right side looks more like a spot from lens flare.

u will see less of the dirt on wider apetures, have you been removing the lens a lot?

not feelin the pic. nothing really that pops or is special about it. it's just a tower against blue sky. there's no depth to the image (nothing farther or closer in the composition). also, making it diagonal just makes it confusing. i think it would be a cooler if u were at the base of the tower, pointing up, following the lines of the tower. or if u took a pic with it composed against the horizon somehow. i know i'm a newb, but i'm not too bad at composition, as i've been a photoshop guy for a long time.

u will see less of the dirt on wider apetures, have you been removing the lens a lot?

The lens has been removed two three times, max in the last two years.

i would look into cleaning the sensor if the lens/filter is spotless.

main.php

Here it is touched up. Did it on my laptop at work so I made need to give it some more attention when I get home.

Last edited:
The picture isn't bad, its just not interesting.

To pull something like this off, I feel you need a really strong sky to contrast the simpleness of the crane. As someone else said, its just a crane in front of a blue sky, lack of depth.

I do like how the different lines play with each other in the picture.

I'm have some others in this set that may be more interesting. I'll post them later.

Most reactions

Back