What's new

New Photographer-Tips, Trick, And Help!

Jamie_gowho

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 28, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
4
Location
Greenville SC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, Came across this website and I'm very new to photography. I started very cheap and bought a Kodak PIXPRO AZ425. (Yes I know it is very cheap and not a great camera, but I think it will help me learn the basics.) I know like very minimal basics of how cameras work, and I have been watching videos and reading about cameras to gain knowledge. I am attaching some photos I took with my camera, please by all means critique them, give advice, hate on them. all of it will help me improve. I will also add the details like ISO, Aperture, etc. that I used. Feel free to edit the photos or whatever. Overall I'm just asking for advice on how to get better what I did good or bad with the photos.

1000010930.webp
1000010929.webp
1000010928.webp
1000010927.webp


Thank you!
779_0811.webp
779_0810.webp
779_0809.webp
779_0808.webp
 
Welcome, we all started at one time. That said posting a picture of the camera screen view isn't a good representation of the actual file. Exporting and posting as you did in tge last four is the way to go. However when seeking comment and advice it's better to limit your examples to the or two, you'll get more comments.

Overall in general comments I see glaring issues with white balance and composition.
 
Welcome aboard.

I read a couple of reviews of that camera, and it seems to get good marks, given it is a pretty basic, entry-level, super zoom bridge camera. It should serve you well enough as you learn.

I suggest you concentrate on the exposure triangle, what it is, and how to use it. Learn your camera's metering functions and learn how to implement good metering technique. Note that this camera gets low marks for low-light photos, so while you're learning, maybe concentrate on daylight pictures.

Good luck, and happy shooting.
 
As someone who never seems to get past the beginner phase, I will put in my two cents. I like buying new stuff that solves my problems, but I also think a lot about the millions of fantastic photos that were taken with primitive equipment.

You can take truly excellent photos with that camera as long as you develop your skills and you don't ask it to do anything it can't do.
 
You will notice they're not using pinhole cameras courtside at NBA games. I would say that fits in the area of "anything it can't do." A pinhole camera would probably be a poor choice for that, but some of the photos in the site you linked to are wonderful.

I have been getting hit in the face lately with the importance of having the right stuff to make low-light photography practical.

Anyway, OP should eventually be able to do great things with what he has.
 
@TJMcG sometimes the old feels really good. Over Christmas I left the K1MII in its bag and pulled out the K3ii. Didn't take long to realize why I never parted with it. It just feels right in my hands, rivals the image quality of its big brother, and way less weight.
 
Let's see if the OP re-enters the building. Otherwise...
 
Hello, Came across this website and I'm very new to photography. I started very cheap and bought a Kodak PIXPRO AZ425. (Yes I know it is very cheap and not a great camera, but I think it will help me learn the basics.) I know like very minimal basics of how cameras work, and I have been watching videos and reading about cameras to gain knowledge. I am attaching some photos I took with my camera, please by all means critique them, give advice, hate on them. all of it will help me improve. I will also add the details like ISO, Aperture, etc. that I used. Feel free to edit the photos or whatever. Overall I'm just asking for advice on how to get better what I did good or bad with the photos.

View attachment 293305View attachment 293306View attachment 293307View attachment 293308

Thank you!View attachment 293301 View attachment 293302View attachment 293303View attachment 293304
Welcome to the Forum! One suggestion: Look at your images to see if parts of what you wanted to show were inadvertently cut off, as in the wheel images. One quote, from the great Cartier-Bresson, “Your first 10,000 photos are the worst.”
 
Welcome to the Forum.

One suggestions is to focus on the story you are trying to tell with a photograph.
Then position your camera and frame so that it is optimal for telling that story.
The camera might be on the ground with you using the flip screen,
or the camera might be completely above the subject, depending on the story your trying to tell.
 
Hello, Came across this website and I'm very new to photography. I started very cheap and bought a Kodak PIXPRO AZ425. (Yes I know it is very cheap and not a great camera, but I think it will help me learn the basics.) I know like very minimal basics of how cameras work, and I have been watching videos and reading about cameras to gain knowledge. I am attaching some photos I took with my camera, please by all means critique them, give advice, hate on them. all of it will help me improve. I will also add the details like ISO, Aperture, etc. that I used. Feel free to edit the photos or whatever. Overall I'm just asking for advice on how to get better what I did good or bad with the photos.

View attachment 293305View attachment 293306View attachment 293307View attachment 293308

The platform offers a comprehensive suite of SEO and digital marketing tools designed to help businesses improve their online presence. With features like site audits, backlink analysis, and keyword tracking, it provides actionable insights for growth. Users can monitor performance trends and optimize their strategies effectively. For anyone looking to enhance website visibility, https://wiserank.co.uk/ delivers a user-friendly and data-driven solution. Its dashboard simplifies complex analytics, making it accessible for both beginners and professionals. Overall, it’s a reliable resource for boosting digital performance.
You’re off to a great start! Even with a budget camera like the Kodak PIXPRO AZ425, you’re already learning the basics by experimenting with ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. To improve, focus on stabilizing your shots with higher shutter speeds or a tripod to avoid blur, keeping ISO low to reduce noise, and paying attention to lighting by shooting in natural light or during golden hour. Also, work on composition using the rule of thirds, leading lines, and framing to make your photos more engaging. Keep practicing, experimenting with different settings, and analyzing your results as these habits will quickly improve your photography.
 
@TJMcG sometimes the old feels really good. Over Christmas I left the K1MII in its bag and pulled out the K3ii. Didn't take long to realize why I never parted with it. It just feels right in my hands, rivals the image quality of its big brother, and way less weight.
I have a pet peeve about the idea that you have to shoot in manual mode to be a "real photographer." I have a Nikon FM and a Kodak Pony 135 that I occasionally shoot just for shits and giggles. They are both manual cameras, and I know how to use them, but I don't tell anyone that this is what makes me a "real" photographer or that I have to shoot manual to get satisfaction from an image.
I have a lot more pet peeves, but that'll do for now...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom