Another practice with the 150-600

Ted Evans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to practice on yard birds before going to more interesting subjects/environments.

D7100, Tamron 150-600, 600mm, f/7.1, 1/500, ISO 720.
_DSC1558.jpg

I agree with Nancy, get going! My only comment would be to watch the cropping. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I am not sure if this one does, at least for me. It is nice and sharp though.

WesternGuy

Yep. Post more. :smile:

Thanks to all for the comments and to WG for the suggestion. Actually, there was not much cropping done. This is the original file with no modification other than the file was reduced to 1600x1067 and saved as JPEG. It does give him slightly more space to look into and the right was cropped to diminish the hot spot.

_DSC1558a.jpg

Thanks to all for the comments and to WG for the suggestion. Actually, there was not much cropping done. This is the original file with no modification other than the file was reduced to 1600x1067 and saved as JPEG. It does give him slightly more space to look into and the right was cropped to diminish the hot spot.

View attachment 95248

Never thought of that.....perhaps it is because I have never used it, do not know where to even start....assuming you are speaking of an option in PS.

View attachment 95248

Never thought of that.....perhaps it is because I have never used it, do not know where to even start....assuming you are speaking of an option in PS.

I was thinking of LR but yes PS as well.
Creative Vignette Effects With The Radial Filter In Photoshop CC

View attachment 95248

I will have to try it. I have not spent a lot of time learning PS the way I should and just recently got LR. So far, I am liking PS and Bridge better than LR but that may change when, and if, I become more familiar with LR. Thanks for the suggestion, it is good to get the perspective from others.

View attachment 95248

I will have to try it. I have not spent a lot of time learning PS the way I should and just recently got LR. So far, I am liking PS and Bridge better than LR but that may change when, and if, I become more familiar with LR. Thanks for the suggestion, it is good to get the perspective from others.

Well if you have not really gotten into photoshop yet, I would suggest digging in deep to LR. You may find that most of what you do can be done in LR without ever having to open Bridge or Photoshop. How are you organizing your folders, files, catalogs etc.?

The radial filter is very easy to use in LR. Check this out. You can use it for vignettes, along with almost every other slider (sharpness, exposure, noice reduction). Lightroom 5 - Radial Filter What s New in Lightroom 5 Adobe TV

Most reactions

Back