Another Question..

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking on Amazon last night for a fish eye lens...

Is this really what I would need???

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Panoramic-Fisheye-Digital-Cameras/dp/B000TQPTTM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265814882&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Opteka .35x HD² Super Wide Angle Panoramic Macro Fisheye Lens for Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, XTi, XS, XSi, & T1i Digital SLR Cameras: Electronics[/ame]

I am just curious because of the price... The Ritz Camera store told me that a fisheye lens was like $700... Oh, and a wide angle lens was like $500 at the store... Everything I found on Amazon for wide angle was in the $400-$700 range...

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
As a general rule you get what you pay for. If you buy a $29 fisheye lens, well, you're going to get a $29 fisheye lens (aka piece of junk).

OP
JeffieLove

JeffieLove

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I figured as much... that's why I was curious... It's the same with cell phones (I work for AT&T)... If you get a free phone with your 2 year contract... you're getting a piece of crap... the phones that are $20 after rebate are generally pretty crappy... Once you hit the $50 after rebate phones, then you're doing pretty good ;)

I wasn't sure if it would be the same for cameras or not ;)

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Of course, even more so!

Generally speaking anyway... You can also pay $50 for a piece of crap accessory when a $.30 one will do the same thing. ;)

OP
JeffieLove

JeffieLove

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
so next question regarding the fisheye lens...

What is a good fisheye lens?? Now that I am looking at them more, I am seeing the 15mm and 18mm stuff again... What does it mean with a fisheye lens? The same as it does with a regular lens?

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics