Another shoot for CC. Titled " Reflections of a Young woman in progress."

is it possible that they look blurry on here but on my computer/photo program they look a million times sharper?
Quite possible. On your monitor you are probably looking at the full-resolution image. When you resize them for the web they are much smaller, and you are at the mercy of your software as to how accurately it resamples everything. You are also at the mercy of whatever software serves them on the internet, and some are much better than others. When I enlarge the images here to their full size they look much sharper than the reduced images. The DOF is very thin but the one I looked at was shot at f/3.2. They are certainly better than some of your previous shots.

Just to add to what SCraig said. If you re-size the images yourself before you upload. It may help with the quality. Am I right SCraig?

Thanks, everyone. This is my step-daughter and she would NEVER be allowed to wear these out. LOL, she likes to go through my stuff and "dream" of the day she can wear them, which IMO and to my prefernce, would be never ;) I let her take some photos with them on. As for the subservient poses, ya know I never thought about that...oh no. I was sort of going for a young girl/dreaming/thinking of life and the world to come. I pictured a girl laying on the ground, looking up at the sky with endless thoughts.....(that's where my head was at).....

i finally figured out it was a mirror she was holding. an interesting shot wouldve been to get her reflection as she looked into the mirror from a interesting angle.

Yeah, I think you really need to spend some time learning PP inside and out. I think that's holding your photography back as much as anything else. You definitely shouldn't worry about gear upgrades until you're getting everything you can out of the gear and skills you already have.

I was sort of going for a young girl/dreaming/thinking of life and the world to come. I pictured a girl laying on the ground, looking up at the sky with endless thoughts.....(that's where my head was at).....

You can still get that "feel" to it at the subjects eye level. The viewer can be taken "up there" with the girls thoughts. However if the viewer is looking down its hard to come back up. If you want anything to have that "personal touch" Then the viewer needs to be at the same level. If you know what I mean.

Okay... maybe my monitor is in DIRE NEED of calibration (although I really highly doubt it's THAT off)... but does no one else see that she looks *purple* in most of these? Especially in the first one, her face is so bluish purple, that if it weren't for her smile, I would think she was suffocating...

You gotta fix your white balance, chica. :sillysmi:

Okay... maybe my monitor is in DIRE NEED of calibration (although I really highly doubt it's THAT off)... but does no one else see that she looks *purple* in most of these? Especially in the first one, her face is so bluish purple, that if it weren't for her smile, I would think she was suffocating...

Ha, I think 4-5 different people have said that the white balance was off.

Ha, I think 4-5 different people have said that the white balance was off.

I skimmed. :lol:

I saw someone mentioning that the white balance was off, but I interpreted as them saying it was only *slightly* off... except that its *way* off.

Reading comprehension is hard when you're editing at the same time. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back