Another shoot for CC. Titled " Reflections of a Young woman in progress."

AMOMENT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, as most of you know :sexywink: after much agonizing, I finally decided on the Sigma 18-55 mm f/2.8 macro lens. Here are my first shots with it. Minus the last one which is just of my 3 yr old daughter after her horse back riding lesson. She is a 3 year old with spunk I've never known and did not even hesitate to get atop of that big ol' horse. I think I am pleased with it but then again. I did try planting my elbows and tucking the to improve my camera shake/focus . issues. CC welcome, thanks! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

10-4.jpg

11-3.jpg

12-5.jpg

13-6.jpg

14-5.jpg

16-6.jpg

17-5.jpg

3-8.jpg

6-4.jpg

18-4.jpg

15-6.jpg

25-5.jpg

is it possible that they look blurry on here but on my computer/photo program they look a million times sharper?

is it possible that they look blurry on here but on my computer/photo program they look a million times sharper?

Very possible. I would guess they got compressed pretty badly by whatever site you uploaded to for posting. ;)

I like several of the pictures, but #5 is my favorite. I love her expression! :) The white balance seems just a little off... Maybe a little bit magenta.

Also, the point of focus seems to be somewhere other than the eyes

Is it my monitor (as it still isnt calibrated yet) or is the white shirt blown? Other than that I like most compasitions, and the posses work IMO. However some do seem a little OOF.

Is it my monitor (as it still isnt calibrated yet) or is the white shirt blown? Other than that I like most compasitions, and the posses work IMO. However some do seem a little OOF.

+1.

Your white balance is too cold in most of them. 4 and 9 she's exposed relatively well, but the rest, she seems to be overexposed. Some of them are a little soft, seems like the same issue you had previously with softness.

Here is a quick edit, Hope you don't mind:

View attachment 12670

I used the recovery tool in lightroom, added some contrast and warmed it a little.

I LOVE THE PP YOU DID!! What tools would I use in Photoshop elements? It looks a million times better!

Actually, I shot in RAW so if any of it is overexposed it is prob bc I exposed it more in pp so it would be easily fixed...=) I really need to work on my pp.

possibly a little magenta but she also has some red dye in her hair =))

Whe I focused, it seemed it as spot on her eye and when I recapped in pp the focus point was dead on for the ones where her eyes are open.

Quite possible. On your monitor you are probably looking at the full-resolution image. When you resize them for the web they are much smaller, and you are at the mercy of your software as to how accurately it resamples everything. You are also at the mercy of whatever software serves them on the internet, and some are much better than others. When I enlarge the images here to their full size they look much sharper than the reduced images. The DOF is very thin but the one I looked at was shot at f/3.2. They are certainly better than some of your previous shots.

Apart from #1, 8 & 9, your camera position puts the subject in a subservient role.

#12 is just too damn cute.

I apologize, but certain things jump out at me and I jut have to ask how old she is? She looks somewhere around 9-11 and the heels kill it for me!

Good shots, watch your exposures as mentioned, but I like the composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back