What's new

Another Stroll Around Campus

ajroder

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 8, 2012
Messages
24
Reaction score
1
Location
Kansas City, MO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Very nice! Love #1 and #2, but I see a lot of noise and artifacting in the shots of the balloon.
 
Very nice! Love #1 and #2, but I see a lot of noise and artifacting in the shots of the balloon.

Unfortunately, I had to crop both of the balloon shots quite a bit because of the kit lens's limited zoom. That introduced some noise to the photos.

Thanks!
 
They sure are making kit lenses better these days...well aside from the flare in 3, but I expect you intended that
 
There is something kinda nice about the third one. But the shoe and color of the lens flare is unfortunate.
 
They sure are making kit lenses better these days...well aside from the flare in 3, but I expect you intended that

The 18-55mm kit lens gets a bad rap, but it really is capable of sharp images with enough light.

There is something kinda nice about the third one. But the shoe and color of the lens flare is unfortunate.

Thanks. I also took a similar shot a bit more zoomed in to try to get rid of that nasty purple flare, but that just introduced a slightly different flare:


Peace Park Bench by ajroder, on Flickr
 
Yeah, that's better, at least. Are you using any filters by chance, like UV or clear protective?
 
Nope. Just the bare lens. Is there anything I can add (besides a lens hood) that would help cut that down?
 
No, I was just checking to see if filters made it worse.
 
Was also going to ask about filter... But looked like a cpl was used for hot air balloon. Even cooler that you didn't use one.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom