No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_4936.jpg

Canon 7D
Canon EF400mm f/5.6L
1/1250sec f/7.1 ISO 1600 HH

Very nice! I love the rippled water surface, and the way the front or lead foot is just breaking the water's surface--great timing on the shutter!

great shot. The particles in the water behind the heron distract me. I'd try and edit those out.

Thanks, folks! I appreciate the comment on the water debris. I've wrestled with this on many of my water bird images as it is usually there to some degree. I have decided to keep it natural unless there is one clump that totally ticks me off.

Great shot Ian. DOF is spot on, nice and crisp. Gotta love the overcast light too.

Edit: looking at your settings Im thinking you could have dropped your shutter speed considerably and brought the ISO down. Still looks damn good for 1600.

That debris in the water looks like seasonal poplar tree (ie "cottonwood") down or "snow", which tends to accumulate on ponds,lakes,rivers,and sloughs in the spring and early summer, at least in my area...so to me, that stuff appears appropriate and natural,and lets me know that it's surely not winter or fall when the photo was shot...just my observation....not sure if AZ has cottonwood trees growing along lake shores and rivers...

Most reactions

Back