Another trip to the local beach

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All are very nice! I love the colors! Thank you for sharing!

Oooh, purty. The centred horizons are bold.

Oooh, purty. The centred horizons are bold.

Just checking - is that a compliment or is it a barbed sarcastic remark? Difficult to tell on the interweb...(not meaning to be in any way barbed myself!)

Very few of them are actually centred, most of them just above the third line. I have this tendency with the 3 x 2 ratio of DSLR and Mirrorless as I often shoot with a 645Z which has a 4 x 3 ratio, the 3 x 2 feels panoramic to me. I find that I don't want to lose either sky or foreground, and a 4 x 3 composition lends itself better. cropping to a 4:3 won't help as I won't get any more foreground or sky than I already have. Also I compose through what I see in the viewfinder, so I find it difficult to imagine what's there not being there...

Here's one that is definitely centred - I've cropped to 16:9

Twilight Port Talbot-9 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Not intended to be sarcastic - I noticed you'd given almost equal weight to the upper and lower half in most of them which struck me as confident. I often find myself pushing one or other in slavish adherence to the ROT.

Not intended to be sarcastic - I noticed you'd given almost equal weight to the upper and lower half in most of them which struck me as confident. I often find myself pushing one or other in slavish adherence to the ROT.

Thanks, and I apologise if I seemed defensive or rude. Just so hard to tell on interwebby, and many people do get a salve to composition formulae (myself included). I tend to compose by feeling, going by what feels right.

Yup good shots. Enjoyed them. Just me maybe but I only saw one that was center. works either way.

Looks like a simply cracking lens/sensor combo!

The lens is gorgeous light and small. Sharp with good contrast and lovely colours. I've had a zeiss 35 f/2 on my FF cameras for a while and it's a combination that stays on my camera much of the time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back