Another try at a logo for C&C...

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So today was a little bit of a lazy day, since it snowed on the first day of spring :grumpy:, and I decided to try my hand (again) at making a logo.

I wanted to keep it simple and kind of a "antique, with a little mix of modern". Please C&C, I would appreciate any help that you could give.

One of the parts my wife and I discussed was the spacing of the "EIL". We couldn't decide if we should keep normal spacing or spread them out to keep things sort of even.

Logo.jpg

Yes. Very confusing. I have to concentrate to read it. That's not good.

You want something that's instantly recognizable and readable.

All I see is "MPN". The rest takes a little bit to sink in.

hmm, alright back to the drawing board. Thanks for the help

Did some more work and here's what I came up with. I avoided the use of the "MPN" highlights. Please C&C

Logo2a.jpg

This one is better than the first one. I'm still not a fan of either as a whole though, and I'm not really a fan of the lettering.

Here's my question... what are you trying to get across about yourself through this logo? What does it say about yourself, that when people see it will coincide with how you present yourself?

I like the second offering rather than the first, largely for the reasons previously stated. However, I ask why you are using the word "Photographs" instead of "Photography"?

The font seems a bit kitschy, and while that may be the look you're going for it's not for me. I'm a law student, and kitsch isn't something that I do on a regular basis, but that's just me. It might fit you to a T, and if that's the case, my apologies. My final concern with the font is because its has serifs, you get a huge amount of space between the "i" and the "l" that you don't have between the same spacing that you do with the other letters. Perhaps a new font would eliminate that concern.

All else aside, I like the concept and where you're going!!

The font looks third grade to me and doesn't provide the warm and fuzzies for a business I'd take seriously.

Have you considered how the aspect ratio you are using for the logo will transfer to a business card?

Here's my question... what are you trying to get across about yourself through this logo? What does it say about yourself, that when people see it will coincide with how you present yourself?
I guess with this logo I am looking to convey more of my personal style. I enjoy "repurposing" antiques for a new use, which is why I went with the older style of text along with the modern lines of the background

I chose "photographs" just for something different than "photography"

As far as aspect ratio, I hadn't even given it a thought. What's the aspect ratio of a business card?

Alright so here's attempt #3. I tried to simplify the font for a more professional look. I tried to keep with some "vintage" feel with the border. My inspiration for it was an old apothecary label, since my wife and I are both pharmacists. Keep in mind that further down the road there will be more information on here, but I didn't really want to post my number, address, etc. Please C&C.

logo3.jpg

This I really like and the first thought I had was "oooh, this looks like the old medicine labels at my Grandmother's house." So, you're definitely going in the right direction. I think this label/logo will give you more options as far as adding your contact information as well as translating to a business card--this on the front, contact information on the back.

Another recommendation if you go business card, is to get one that's a heavier weight because it'll become more difficult to throw away. Mine are 96 pound, and I have classmates that use them as bookmarks because they're so stout.

Most reactions

Back