What's new

Another Tulip, for C&C

amolitor

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
2,131
Location
Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Tulip.webp
 
I am torn, I like that it is close enough to show the detail but I wish more of the flower was shown. Either way great shot.
 
The reflection is almost nonexistent and the crop is not working.
 
I think the top crop should match or be close to the bottom one-flower is too close to the edge, but I like the idea of it.
 
don't like it. Nice pix but crop is kinda aggitating.
 
Well, I kind of like it. The reflection is a tad dark but it still works.
I don't know how you put this together but it's being creative and that adds to a simple flower shot.
 
I don't know. The tight crop gives it a kind of edgy, nervous feeling. If that's what you're going for, cropping a bit more might accentuate it and also remove a little of the stem, directing attention more to the inside of the flower. I would get rid of the bright spot in the reflection, top left.
 
I like it, but would like to see a little more space at the top
 
Thanks, everyone, for your feedback.

This was shot with a 300mm lens on a crop sensor, focused at about 2.5 meters. The tulip was reflected in a shallow pool of water in a cast iron frying pan, the water tapped lightly just before the exposure. Flash off camera in the obvious place, lightly diffused (but the image area is so small that even a small amount of diffusion reads somewhat soft), followed by a fair bit of editing to isolate the flower and reflection as well as to push the tones around to where I wanted them and so forth. There's a little background left, but it's all pushed down dark and smudged enough to be ambiguous to the extent that it's even visible.
 
I like it, but would like to see a little more space at the top

I agree with this. I wouldn't mind seeing it in color too.
 
I don't like the little drop of water...either more or none at all and agree to crop tightness...sort of strangulated.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom