Anti GMO Protest in Bricktown OKC

SamSpade1941

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was downtown yesterday, and discovered that there was a Anti Monsanto / GMO protest going on near the restaurant I was going to be eating at. This gave me the opportunity to shoot the following images.

Members of the hacktivist protest group We Are Anonymous at an anti GMO rally in Lower Bricktown OKC.
we_are_anonymous_by_samspade1941-d8ujlwb.jpg

Hell No GMO; Anti GMO protester holding multiple protest signs at protest rally in Lower Bricktown OKC
hell_no_gmo_by_samspade1941-d8ujlwp.jpg

Monsanto Is Killing US ; Protestor holding a sign accusing Monsanto of Murder at Anti GMO protest in Lower Bricktown OKC

monsanto_is_killing_us_by_samspade1941-d8ujlvs.jpg

you know these people could just buy organic and move on with life?

cool. something new. Never seen a gmo protest. Photos are looking a little gray to me maybe some contrast? Course i have laptop of powersaver so not really viewing on a normally lit screen

you know these people could just buy organic and move on with life?
Aww... Where's the fun in that?

Better to take down Big Corporation than to sit at home watching TV.

I wonder if they know the apples they eat have all been genetically manipulated by selective breeding and cross-breeding into the sweet kinds we have now. Originally they were bitter and were only used for cider.

If we didn't have GMO crops, say hello to inflated produce prices and low distribution.

Regardless of the opinion that one may hold concerning the growing debate over GMO cereal grains and vegetables, one thing is certain. Without the use of GMO's. There would be no practical way of feeding the number of people that this nation does. Less than one percent of the population of the United States is actually engaged in the business of commercial agriculture. What makes all of this work is the use chemicals (insecticides and herbicides) , and hybrids of grains , fruits and vegetables that are designed to be immune to the application of those chemicals.

Going to the pre WWII model of agriculture in the United States would not only make everything go up in price, but also create food shortages that most certainly would not feed the vast majority of not only the 300 million people in this country, but the countless countries we export our surplus to in the world.

I fully support choice and think everyone should eat as their wallet permits, not everyone can afford $5 tomatoes which are grown , herbicide and pesticide free. No matter how much better they look or taste.

I wonder if they know the apples they eat have all been genetically manipulated by selective breeding and cross-breeding into the sweet kinds we have now. Originally they were bitter and were only used for cider.

If we didn't have GMO crops, say hello to inflated produce prices and low distribution.

You are talking about hybridization, not genetic modification. GM is were they insert the genes from different species of plant, and even animals and chemicals (like Round up) into the plant. Which is'n good in any way!

Regardless of the opinion that one may hold concerning the growing debate over GMO cereal grains and vegetables, one thing is certain. Without the use of GMO's. There would be no practical way of feeding the number of people that this nation does. Less than one percent of the population of the United States is actually engaged in the business of commercial agriculture. What makes all of this work is the use chemicals (insecticides and herbicides) , and hybrids of grains , fruits and vegetables that are designed to be immune to the application of those chemicals.

Going to the pre WWII model of agriculture in the United States would not only make everything go up in price, but also create food shortages that most certainly would not feed the vast majority of not only the 300 million people in this country, but the countless countries we export our surplus to in the world.

I fully support choice and think everyone should eat as their wallet permits, not everyone can afford $5 tomatoes which are grown , herbicide and pesticide free. No matter how much better they look or taste.

GMO doesn't help feed more people, it does nothing but make herbicide resistant weeds, and pesticide resistant pest. It's the high consumption on meat that make food shortages all over the world. ( It takes 2,500 gallons of water, 12 pounds of grain, 35 pounds of topsoil and the energy equivalent of one gallon of gasoline to produce one pound of feedlot beef.)

You are talking about hybridization, not genetic modification. GM is were they insert the genes from different species of plant, and even animals and chemicals (like Round up) into the plant. Which is'n good in any way!

GMO doesn't help feed more people, it does nothing but make herbicide resistant weeds, and pesticide resistant pest. It's the high consumption on meat that make food shortages all over the world. ( It takes 2,500 gallons of water, 12 pounds of grain, 35 pounds of topsoil and the energy equivalent of one gallon of gasoline to produce one pound of feedlot beef.)

Golden rice.

Last edited:

I wouldn't consider systemic pesticides to be GMO. Systemics are another issue, and frankly, a much more troubling one.

Golden rice.

Is worthless! It will contaminate all with rice being grown in the areas it is released, so that the farmers in those areas will no longer be able to sell their goods. Plus Monsanto does everything for money, not to help the poor!

Mehhhh... much ado about nothing. After all the years of eating navy cooking, those little GMOs will run scared if they get into my system! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back