Any big weekend plans?

mygrain said:
terri said:
I actually have great plans for a change. :wink: Off to the High Museum after work for an Impressionism exhibit, there will be a band there tonight and it's always a kick to go there. Love my van Gogh.... :heart: and looking forward to seeing what other artists they'll have. Then afterwards, dinner and a bottle of wine someplace, late.

Tomorrow I HOPE to start printing in the darkroom. I don't have a blackout curtain yet but we may rig up something. And I have a handcoloring/photo restoration job I'm slowly working on.

Ah....all the fun....wrapped around loads of laundry in between! :LOL:

The museum trip sounds like a blast!!! I love my van gogh too!!! How long is the exhibit running...Atlanta is only 6 or so hours away and that is easily worth the trip!!!

It WAS a blast, Mygrain! Cafe at Night is there.....I finally got to see it...I feel like I've been waiting my whole life to see that painting, and I wasn't disappointed. Much, much brighter than I thought it was. [Side note: all reproductions suck. :wink: ] And the layers of paint that guy put on.....mind boggling. I never knew. :shock: Anyway. Several other beautiful van Gogh paintings on canvas there, as well, AND the ink/watercolor sketches that are, in a word, stunning. Other pieces include several pointillism artists (including the obligatory Seurat) :wink: , a couple random Picassos. Not the largest show I've been to there, but one of the most satisfying, personally, for me. :goodvibe:

Here ya go.... http://www.webguide.com/highmus.html

I spent the weekend moving ( with the help of my funky ma and stepdad ) and my 'lil' sisters 21st birthday was yesterday ... so we went out for dinner and to an irish pub afterwards.

At least one of those was fun ;)

I was supposed to be shooting a '78 Mini Clubman but that fell through coz it hasn't come back from the panel shop yet. :(

Most reactions

Back