Any comparison between Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX and AT-X 116 PRO DX II ?

markalroberts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a Nikon D90 with a much used Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 lens.
I would like to replace the lens with the Tokina 11-16mm for the added speed and lower distortion that it brings.

I notice they recently have bought out a version 2 of this lens which has the internal focus motor and "improved multi-coating"

My D90 (which I may upgrade to a D7000 at some point) has a focus motor in the body anyhow, and I am unlikely to use this lens on a body without a motor.

So, I'd really like to know if I'd notice any difference between the two versions of this lens (besides the price!) - i.e. is V2 going to be faster or more accurate at focus? Will this multi-coating improvement really make any difference, or is it marketing hype?

If anyone has an experience on this, I'd appreciate hearing, as I can't find anything concrete anywhere.

Many thanks,
Mark.

I can tell 0 difference between the two, other than the focus motor, and I've used them both extensively. The one with the focus motor is a tiny bit faster to focus, but for what most people use a wide angle for, it'd never matter. I mean it's a difference of maybe like 1/10th of a second, if that.

Get the non focus motor version and save the $200.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back