Any end user of the 70-200 f/2.8 II L IS USM?

Stryker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

Any actual end user of the 70-200 f/2.8 II L IS USM? I plan to sell my f/4 IS USM and get the 2.8 series II by April or May. How is the performance at 70mm and 200mm. Is it sharp and did you experience any vignetting or pincushoning?

would appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Performance is outstanding at 70mm and 200mm, even wide open at f2.8 its a very strong performer and it is so sharp you need to carry bandages! ;)

As for vignetting I've used mine on crop sensor and not had any vignetting issues at all; fullframe might have a slightly different story, but I've not read of any bad vignetting cases so I assume that if there is any its very marginal and easily corrected with even a light touch of editing (and might not even be needed in many cases).

some boring test shots:
70-200mm f2.8 IS L M2 test - a set on Flickr
note some are using teleconverters (its about the only zoom lens in the canon line currently that I will happily say can take a 2*TC and still perform well - even the original 70-200mm f2.8 IS L couldn't do that)

Thanks for sharing the link in flickr. The photos were whispering to my ear to sell the f/4 and upgrade to the f/2.8 II. Thanks for the reply, Alex. I appreciate it a lot.

Regards from Manila Philippines.

Mel

P.S.: Boring shots to some maybe but you showed 70 and 200mm shots at f/2.8. Those sealed the sale..

Thanks again

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back