Any experience with Interfit Stellar Xtreme Strobe?

MOREGONE

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I've found a pretty good deal on a used Interfit Stellar 300w strobe with battery pack. I have never owned a strobe and only got to use an Alien Bee 400w at a workshop for about a 1/2 hour. I have an outdoor shoot coming up in a park for a family and don't think my SB600 is enough so I am hoping to pick up another light source. I like that it has a battery since I don't have a studio or room to even set one up at my place.

Looking for some opinions or experience with the brand/model. Thanks

Interfit Stellar Xtreme 300 Watt/Second AC/DC Monolight INT474

I could be wrong...but why would a light half the power of your current light help you? Are you buying it for fill only, and use your AB600 for key lighting? I don't believe it correlates to using them from one position and making it into a 900 watt key light...

GrantH said:
I could be wrong...but why would a light half the power of your current light help you? Are you buying it for fill only, and use your AB600 for key lighting? I don't believe it correlates to using them from one position and making it into a 900 watt key light...

Sb 600

It's made by the same company as the Flashpoint in China.

At least they used to be, B&H's seems to have gotten a face lift.

Interfit is B&H's house brand and Flashpoint is what Adorama calls theirs.

They're good lights.

Hello, as Mach0 pointed out I have an SB600, not AB. I should have pointed out that the family photos I will be taking will probably have at least 15 people in some pictures. This is my first returning customer having shot their daughters quinceanera in May. I am still learning about off camera lighting but know that my SB600 cannot cover the whole group. I was planning to basically set each light up in front of the group, one on the left and one on the right.

Thanks Mike_E. I was kinda thinking if B&H sold them they can't be too bad.

Maybe I should just start a new thread, but

The guy I was working with has stopped responding so I am considering the Strobe, gone /sold.

So my next consideration is picking up a second flash. I am thinking about the YN-565EX. I have about $200 budget with this coming in at $150, figuring it will cost me around $30 for a stand and flash bracket. I have a shoot through umbrella I can probably borrow.

I would like to get a Softbox but not sure if that can happen right now. About what size would be appropriate for my flash and shooting portraits/families outdoors?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back