Studio Strobe Starter Kit - Free to a good home

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I've had this in my closet for a few years now and I've decided that I'm definitely never going to use it again with my recent equipment upgrades. It was given to me by another photographer when I first got started in photography and now I'm going to pass it along to someone else to learn.

It's a very basic set of promaster studio strobes. They run on AC power and have no battery or anything. What they do have is a modeling light that will make learning studio lighting much easier than using speed lights or other budget lights. I don't know exactly what model they are or what the specs are. The kit includes two lights and two stands. You'll need to get a cheap set of radio triggers and a couple umbrellas to fully take advantage of the kit.

I'm going to be giving these away, for free, to a good home. I want them to go to someone who will use these to learn lighting techniques and not just let them gather dust in a closet. All I ask from whoever gets them is that you put a thread up on TPF periodically to show us the progress you're making, and that when you move on to something better you pay these forward to another beginner to learn with.

If you're interested in the kit, shoot me a PM and tell me a little about yourself. I'll give it a week from today for people to reach out, and then I'll randomly draw a name out of a hat to determine who gets the kit. I'll cover shipping to the lower 48.

i-d3hcbN7-L.jpg

i-RTtKPWm-L.jpg

Last edited:
Wow nice of you.

They can't be that cheap if they have 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 power settings. Most cheapies only have 1/2 and maybe 1/4, if any variable power at all.

They're probably earlier models of this kit.

Bump! I'll be drawing the winner tomorrow evening! We have 4 entries so far.

If you're interested in adding your name to the mix I need to know in the next 24 hours.

Just finished the drawing. Put each name on a piece of paper on the floor and had my niece choose one. And the winner is...... *drum roll please*

@qmr55

Shoot me a PM with your shipping address and I’ll get them sent out tomorrow or Monday.

Just finished the drawing. Put each name on a piece of paper on the floor and had my niece choose one. And the winner is...... *drum roll please*

@qmr55

Shoot me a PM with your shipping address and I’ll get them sent out tomorrow or Monday.

That is awesome!! I never win anything lol. Thank you so much Destin :)

This is a GREAT thing to do, Destin. Pixmedic has been giving away gear for a few years now, and I'm so happy to hear that qmr55 will be receiving this generous donation. Way to go, man!

Very nice of you, Destin, and congratulations to qmr55!

@qmr55

That is awesome!! I never win anything lol. Thank you so much Destin :)

Now you have to use it.

Sorry for the late post. But this is really awesome of you!!! :wav:

Sorry for the late post. But this is really awesome of you!!! :wav:

This forum gave me a lot and has shaped me as a photographer in many ways. Had a mountain bike forum member do the same for me one time with bike parts. Just paying it forward.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back