Any gimbal advice for video shots?

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have the Samsung Note 9 and this summer I used it in Grand Tetons National Park.
Holy Smokes this thing is fabulous at photos! And I just used it on auto mostly!!

I would like to add a gimbal. My shots would be simplistic. At 63, I am not doing skateboarding. :)
I imagine a low shot of flowers, moving up to show the mountains or such..or walking a trail. Think tech videos call it like a 'crane/boom shot' ?

Advice is welcome. I am not a big tech speak person so simpler the better. :}
I don't need the cheapest nor the most expensive unless it's really superb..

I can only speak for the Zhiyun Crane I have.

I have the Samsung Note 9 and this summer I used it in Grand Tetons National Park.
Holy Smokes this thing is fabulous at photos! And I just used it on auto mostly!!
I would like to add a gimbal. My shots would be simplistic. At 63, I am not doing skateboarding. :)
I imagine a low shot of flowers, moving up to show the mountains or such..or walking a trail. Think tech videos call it like a 'crane/boom shot' ?
Advice is welcome. I am not a big tech speak person so simpler the better. :}
I don't need the cheapest nor the most expensive unless it's really superb..
Plenty of information on them here:

Some cameras (and phones?) have built-in stabilizers in the software. My pocket-sized Sony RX100iv does. But you lose some edges of the frame that's used to stabilize the video. Of course, since the lens is a zoom, you can just zoom out a little more.

Most reactions

Back