any how to guides for strobscopic, delay and etc? (ELC elinchrom)

Mashburn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So couple years ago I purchased that best lights I could. and right after I kicked myself for doing so. because I never thought I would use them to their full potential......... well I am now wanting to learn it. the lights I purchased were the ELC 500

I understand how to use the strobes for stroboscopic. but I'm unsure if it is doing what I want it to do. for instance my subject is frozen in 5 sequences. (5HZ, duration 1 sec). and it works but the subject can be seen thru (like semi translucent). I know there has to be ways to make the subject more solid. I use a black back ground. but maybe the subject is to close or to far away. maybe the brightness of each pop needs to increase or decrease.... but I have no idea. and there doesn't seem to be any good videos out there. nor does anyone in the georgia area know how to. (and yes, I will pay for someone to teach me).

on Delay, I have no idea on how to get it to work. and I want to learn it.

and of course anything else these puppies can do. so any ideas of videos to buy? places that teach you in georgia?

Thanks.

yeah I saw that one. but it's not exactly what setting you need to be on. or if you need to bring the subject closer or further away.

I see it says strobe/frequency. but I need to know how to set the settings inside of that. and also how I can combine the two.

thank you fro responding.

this is about the best I could find....... but I am just looking for a further bit more detail and explaing. like when he puts strobe with delay. I don't get how he did it. nor do I get how to use delay at all on this ELC. I get on my SB-800 how to get a delay so to say; setting modeling light off to the side, have them walk out, and then pop a flash off at the end. but does the ELC do that in delay where it throws out the model light, or do I have to turn one light to model light and then the other light to delay? there is ms in two places; how do I turn the other one?

bunch of questions. LOL. sorry. I'm just wanting to know how to do this and become better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back