Any more tips for shooting concerts?

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm going to be shooting a concert today and do you have any more tips? I'll be using my 70-200 and my 50, maybe my wide angle to show how many people came, I'll use my flash and i'll be shooting in RAW. Any more tips?

... dont use your flash. with both the 50 and 70-200, being that they are both fast lenses, you should have enough available light to be able to shoot without a flash. most of the time if you dont have permission from the band to use a flash then dont. its very bothersome to most bands, also, inconsiderate and rude on your part.

Last edited:
I wont use my flash at fuul compensation. probably at -2. And I don't think they will mind that. It's a Reggae concert so its not that bad :p. Im going to the club 30 minutes before they open the doors to the public to set up :p.

Maybe too late but don't use your flash at all.... If the lighting is decent, your 70-200 should be fine. If you get close the 50 would be good - my favourite is the 85 f1.8.

Flash will ruin the feeling and atmosphere and will mix with the coloured lights....

Maybe too late but don't use your flash at all.... If the lighting is decent, your 70-200 should be fine. If you get close the 50 would be good - my favourite is the 85 f1.8.

Flash will ruin the feeling and atmosphere and will mix with the coloured lights....

Agreed. Here's a shot with a 50mm without the flash. The flash would definitely ruin the atmosphere (and possibly annoy the band members).

3242966383_3cfbd48075.jpg

Good luck with the concert ;)

Yea i'll see since every time I go there they have different lighting. Sometimes its really bright and other times you could barely see anything. I'll use my flash to take shots of the people waiting outside :p.

Yeah, but if you don't need why pack it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back