Any photography learning resource?

oliverlol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, friend,
as a photography beginner, I think that there are lots of professional words and skills in this community. It needs to takes a lot of time to learn how to photography good pictures. In my mind, I think that if you don't spend much of your time studying photography and you will never get involved in the photography world. Now, I want to ask anyone has some learning resource, such as a website or videos. free information better.

Thanks all!

Steve Perry over at YouTube.

This is NOT free but you will learn ten times what you will learn for free on the internet.
Go to school!!!
SS
i think that I need to get some basic information on the free course.

Hi, friend,
as a photography beginner, I think that there are lots of professional words and skills in this community. It needs to takes a lot of time to learn how to photography good pictures. In my mind, I think that if you don't spend much of your time studying photography and you will never get involved in the photography world. Now, I want to ask anyone has some learning resource, such as a website or videos. free information better.

Thanks all!

there are countless of channels on the youtube focusing at photography however after some time I've found out for myself that the best teacher is your time when you are out taking the photography .. also what I can suggest and what I've been overlooking for many years is to just buy real physical photography books and actually look on the photographs that are physically printed, it's real difference than looking on the computer display, and then try to reproduce those photographs that you liked for yourself ..

I have found that when new to a hobby it is best to practice the basics, not so much to learn the techniques but to learn how your camera works and to learn the jargon of the new hobby.

This is where YouTube is a very handy source. You can learn a new photo technique, fumble with the camera controls at you own pace and replay the video multiple times.

I can attest to a number of time I wanted to experiment, only to look at the menu screen and think. "Now how did I get to the monochrome or time delay or some other such function."

Good luck

Hi, friend,

Thanks all!
Certainly you can learn a bit by copying others, but I believe you'll learn more by thinking for yourself. I would first run extensive exposure and focus tests, then concentrate on composition.

MANY of the people putting photography videos in the internet, are shall we say... merely repeating what someone else has said or written and have NO actual knowledge of their own.

Sort of like the 17 year old kid working the counter at your local auto parts shop trying to tell you that the more expensive brand of struts is better because its "off road rated" when they have no idea what off road rated actually means...

Subscribe to digital-photography-school.com. They email a weekly newsletter that has tips and tricks. Some is useful, some not, but it has articles for beginners and advanced shooters.

I don't like clubs or groups, I do forum searches, YouTube searches, or as was already mentioned, just go take some pics and learn your equipment. There is much to be learned, but with my many hobbies, if I don't first learn the use of what I have, I'm kinda wasting my time. Ya gotta do some things wrong before you start getting them right... And time with your equipment is what I do, and doing this right now with my new (old) camera!

Most reactions

Back