Any Tethering (cam control) software for tablet and Nikon D3100 ?

lonerunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife will soon finish her college and in reward get an laptop, but with a laptop it comes one tablet as a promotion from lenovo.

There is a nice software for controling cam and for tethering on pc called digicam control.

But as we will get tablet also why would i walking aroung with a PC everywhere when i could use tablet to connect my cam with it.

Only thing is that i don't know if there is any software to control my D3100 over tablet.

I found few clips on youtube for canon cameras but none for nikon (D3100 in general).

Something that i could easily control shutter speed, aperture, but bracket shooting is most important feature im looking for.

Manually controling exposure for each shoot for hdr takes some time and i always move camera a bit, get's some shake on it, or when clouds move faster they become blured alot. This would save me alot of time, make nicer pictures and tablet is just easy to go around with it.

ah just to mention tablet use android 4.2

The Nikon D3100 does not support basic commands from a remote device, like focus and live view. You'll need to upgrade to the D3200. I know that's not the news you wanted to hear, so I'm sorry for that.

There's a video here:

As northdakotatroy mentioned above the D3100 came out just before Nikon decided to start equipping their camera's with WiFi, and tethering capability. My D7000 can connect to my laptop via the USB cable, and be remotely controlled from within Lightroom. I also believe I can purchase Nikon's wireless adapter (don't remember which model) and then can use an app on my tablet or cell phone to remotely control the camera.

Actually a D7000 can be controlled.with an app like DSLRdashboard from the usb cable hooked to a phone or tablet (android) as well as computers. I use it all rhe.time like this, and it.supports liveview.and focusing as well

Most reactions

Back