Anyone bought anything from bingocameras.com???

Addicted2Photoz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
They're selling the camera I want for half the price you would find it anywhere else. $1000 canon eos 50D going for $500. This almost sounds too good to be true...

General rule of thumb - if its too good to be true. . .chances are it is. 50D on the USED market, I can see (although I would STILL be wary). 50D new for 500 - not a chance. If you buy this camera, you will never see it.

They say it's just a body though, and it seems to me like they are an authorized dealer of canon, because that's pretty much the only brand they carry.

50D's sell for $1000+ body only. and i don't know if this is important to you, but personally i would want a warranty with my camera.

The cost of most cameras IS already for the "body only". Manufacturers generally dont release MSRP for Body plus lens. When new cameras are priced, it is first for the body.

As such, sir you will NOT see that camera if you purchase from that retailer. At least at that cost. Period. I'm sure if you Google BingoCameras you will get an eyeful. I'm not saying you can not find the 50D for a good price - but the place to do that is on eBay or on forums (Photography-on-the.net and FredMiranda.com have robust For Sale sections with tons of Canon gear) - not on a website that is 100% a bait and switch or hard sell.

Bingo Cameras (see also: Sonic Cameras) - bingocameras.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

It's another switch and bait store - you order cheap, phone to comfirm the order and then find out that things like the battery are not included - they then overcharge you excessivly for accessories as well as plain lie about the features of the accessories.

Walk away now (and bookmark resellerratings website). If a store is selling anything vastly cheaper than the leading big stores (amazon, adorama etc...) then its likley a scam.

Wow that's terrible. Good catch Overread.

Bingo Cameras (see also: Sonic Cameras) - bingocameras.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

It's another switch and bait store - you order cheap, phone to comfirm the order and then find out that things like the battery are not included - they then overcharge you excessivly for accessories as well as plain lie about the features of the accessories.

Walk away now (and bookmark resellerratings website). If a store is selling anything vastly cheaper than the leading big stores (amazon, adorama etc...) then its likley a scam.

beat me to it lol

i dealt with a place like that and it may have even been bingo, i can't remember now. tryed to buy a camera listed for 250 dollars body only and they told me that it was out of stock. it seemed like they had good prices on body onlys but the prices for their kits were running about the same as everywhere else.

i kept contacting them to find out when it would be back in stock and they never returned my emails. so i called them, the guy kept hanging up on me. so i quit trying

Yeah you guys are right, I read the reviews about them. They are a scam site. So DO NOT BUY FROM BINGOCAMERAS.COM!

Most reactions

Back