Anyone dealt with centraldigital.com

IDLaxStar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with central digital.com. They are selling 7d's for $1350.

I would do the loyalty program but my dad is fronting me the money for this and he says he won't pay this much money for something that isn't new.

It is new. Below is a post from Helen Oster who works for Adorama who is well known around the forum. This is her post regarding refurb products by a manufacturer such as Canon.

All refurbished units sold by Adorama Camera are factory refurbished by the manufacturer, for example, Canon cameras are refurbed at their manufacturing plant in Newport News, VA.; they can have simply been pulled from the production line if something appears faulty, or if it hasn't passed the final inspection. Most of the time it is a very minor issue that needs correcting, nevertheless, once it is pulled from the normal flow of production, it gets flagged as a refurbished model, so you may get a unit straight from the factory that has never been used.

A refurb may also be an ex-store demo, possibly used in field tests or sales displays, or it may have been ordered in error and returned to the retailer (who can't then sell it as 'new' so it has to be sent back to the manufacturer for refurbishment).

All refurbished items will have been checked over by the manufacturer by hand, inspected very thoroughly, diagnosed, and calibrated by experienced technicians, and could therefore turn out to be more dependable than a new item - which will only have been checked by a process of systematic quality control protocol (ie by random sampling as it comes off the conveyor belt).
The room that houses Canon’s entire refurb process is said to be completely dust-free, and with every employee working in there being required to wear special booties.

In addition, Refurbs come into us with the firmware updates and latest fixes which were carried out at whatever stage it was at when we took delivery.

All Canon refurbished products from Adorama come with a 1 year return-to-Adorama warranty; the warranty we give covers anything the manufacturers warranty covers for a new unit, including shutter defects.
All other refurbs sold by Adorama come with a 90-day return-to-manufacturer warranty.

If you need additional firmware updates you can download them, but for any hardware fixes the unit would have to be sent to Canon.
[By the way, if you send a camera (any camera) to Canon for any hardware work, they will always update the firmware].

As to the individual history of a single item, the honest answer is we have no way of knowing. Refurbished equipment is not like new inventory; the manufacturers contact us when they have a batch to sell, and the availability is unpredictable. However, if you were to ask my personal opinion on whether the equipment that Adorama offers as refurbished is typically less than a year old, based on the regularity with which we receive batches, I'd be inclined to think it is all relatively new.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Last edited:
boomer your in Tulsa? Why have I never seen you before?

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

boomer your in Tulsa? Why have I never seen you before?

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Hi Daniel,

Yes sir!:D I don't post very often here as you can see. I'm mainly a lurker. My wife has been wanting to get into photography for a long time now and just never really had the time to start b/c of the busy work schedule she carried. We had our first child about 6 months ago and she's now a stay at home mom with the time to learn. This was the first board I came across about 6 to 8 months ago when I started doing my research trying to determine what camera I should get her to get her started on her way. I plan on surprising her with one this Christmas, so I've been on here a little more often lately reading all of the information I can. I've determined the camera that I'm going to buy her, but now I'm kind of hooked on reading the board lol. Are there any other message boards that are good that have a wealth of information? This one has seemed to have died down a bit.

P.S. I hope they show up in Stillwater this weekend. I feel like the world is going to end if OSU ends up winning the south. Boomer Sooner!!

Most reactions

Back