Anyone Diffuse with their hand?

AdamBomb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was tinkering around the other night and I was frustrated on how BRUTAL the on-camera flash was being. So I thought about how Ive done the business card trick. So I decided to stick my hand up there instead. I was pretty impressed with the results.

Put the Top of your hand at a 45(ish) degree and infront of your on camera flash. You may need to bump up the power of the Flash to get what your looking for, but I could get it to look very natural, Pleasing to look at, and most of all... EASY! Try it! And post up some On-Camera Vs. Hand Diffused Shots!

Yeah, I had to return my hand to best buy, all the photos had a red tinge.:). No, I just use an actual diffuser built into my SB800.

You aren't diffusing the light with your hand. You're just blocking it.

Actually, Your very right, I guess I meant to say, "Bouncing" the flash off your hand up to the ceiling ... oops :lmao:

No, I just enjoy turning the flash around, so I can look into it while I take photos.

before i bought my flash i played around with putting my hand infront of the flash or a piece of paper, and it works, but not consistently. lol, and its not really conveniently, since you gotta hold the cam now with onyl one hand.

but honestly, on camera flash is basically useless....they should even make a pop up flash....but for ppl who dont know any better....well, they dont know any better.

save up, and invest in a flash. you cant compare an external flahs to a pop up one. and the hand difusing thing wont last. lol, ull do it to fool around, but u cant get consitant good lighting from that

am i the only one that's used those clearish plastic lens caps as a "diffuser" or "bouncer" for the on board flash? i just hang it right on top of the pop up flash. i know it's silly but seeing as i haven't picked up an ext flash, it's the best i've got. "sorta" works...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back