What's new

Anyone else follow boston big picture?

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
64
Location
Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Big Picture: The Big Picture - Boston.com

Not advertising or anything for them but I feel it needs sharing, their photography has been an inspiration to me. Further back they did an amazing series on the Olympics and Brazil's Carnival 2010.

Here's some new photos from the horrible earthquake in China. #34 really stirred up emotion for me..

Earthquake in Yushu, China - The Big Picture - Boston.com

They have a new set of photos every couple of days, usually photojournalism but always amazing work and composition.
 
Thanks for sharing this. :thumbup: It is inspiring.
 
wow, I had asked myself: how could we give money away when we are hurting from this ressesion. when I saw thoes photos I just felt soo selfish in what I had asked myself. Amazing how Images can relay such emotions.
Thanks for sharing.
 
Ive followed the big picture for awhile now, photo jourmalism like that can really show just how horrific/beautiful/moving/emotional something really is (topic/subject wise) and isnt that the whole point and also how poorly most video media agencies pale in comparison. I can watch something about a world event on the evening news that doesnt effect me personally and it has little impact, show me a series of stunning photos and its completely different.

Stunning photographs that I find myself quite often end up studying the ones that really catch my eye, why did it catch my eye, how is the story being told from this one static image etc etc. I learn alot from these "pro photo blogs"?

PS nice job on the xray shot reznap, I had to try this myself today, nothing worth posting but good fun all the same.
 
^ Thanks ;)

It was light on the picture taking, heavy on the Photoshopping..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom