Anyone else have performance issues with Lightroom?

While I don't have much performance issues, I'm getting frequent BSODs and was finally able to have someone who knows how to read minidumps and they told me there is a fatal hardware error with my CPU. Sooooo looks like I'll be buying either a new CPU or just building a whole new system....there goes my lens fund.

LOL yeah I found the glitch .. it's called CC .. I was much happier in the old days slamming down cash for an upgrade that was a fine-tuned final release opposed to paying $120 a year for software that is "continuously updated" <<< there's a word for that ... it's called BETA :eek-73:

LOL yeah I found the glitch .. it's called CC .. I was much happier in the old days slamming down cash for an upgrade that was a fine-tuned final release opposed to paying $120 a year for software that is "continuously updated" <<< there's a word for that ... it's called BETA :eek-73:
You can still buy it. I'm running v6.5.1 with a local, real install. Pay once, use forever if you want to.

I had the same issue. The steps below resolved the issue.

• In Library Mode Click Import > Look at top right corner, under "File Handling" and make sure "Build Preview" is set to "Minimal".
  • Edit > Preferences > Performance > Try checking and un-checking "Use Graphics Processor"

yeah im not running off the cloud.

oh the build preview will totally help me.

Maybe it's because of a Windows 10 update. Do you remember when the issue started? If you do, you should check if you got an update that day. Check the updates history.

Have you checked background programs? Task Manager should show you whats keeping your pc busy.

I would also go to Edit - Preferences in LR and make sure LR is using your graphics card. In the last 6 months I have seen LR have problems with several installations and driver versions on my Nvidia card and in all cases it shut down its use of my graphics card.
I would also check my Global graphics preferences. Since LR uses your graphics card global settings for anti aliasing and more it may affect performance.

I was having a driver issue with my GPU (I started having issues with games) -- I've had a lot of AMDs in this machine so there were conflicts I guess.

and ive since upgraded to 6.7 or whatever it is now and it's much better.

Yes when i first got it i could import photos from my camera in about 3 minutes now it literally takes about 30 minutes

Yes when i first got it i could import photos from my camera in about 3 minutes now it literally takes about 30 minutes
Using usb 2.0? Using a slow SD card?

using tapatalk.

just a random update. I couldn't stand it anymore and just bought a i7-7700k cpu.

adobe does not utilize my 8-core CPU i currently run well, and the i7-7700k is benchmarked to work well with it. fingers crossed or I move to Capture One Pro.

Lightroom is running smooth on my 2012 i5 3570k @ 4 ghz.

Anyone who says Lightroom is performing fine isn't running Lightroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who says Lightroom is performing fine isn't running Lightroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh but I am. Ever since I moved the catalog to my SSD, Lightroom has been running smooth.

Oh but I am. Ever since I moved the catalog to my SSD, Lightroom has been running smooth.

It may be working better then you experienced before but it is NOT working as good as it should be especially compared to apps like Capture One

Most reactions

New Topics

Back