Anyone ever bought from amazon.com?

BrettG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Specifically, the auction part. I see some used cameras on here that are ridiculously cheap, and (according to the description) unopened. A number of these from sellers with very good ratings. However, in the sellers profile it states "Contact seller if you want to buy." Is this a bait n' switch kinda thing? Am I expected to contact this guy only to be told that the price is actually twice what's listed? What would happen if I just added the item to my cart and bought it for the price listed? I see some deals on here that'd seriously be a steal if I were to get them for the price listed, but there's definitely something fishy about it.

EDIT: It's not the auction part actually. I didn't realize they were different. It's when you go to the main amazon site, search for your item, and it lists used and new items that you can purchase from third party sellers. I'd just add one of these items to my cart and buy it like I would as if it were directly from Amazon.

Ahh nevermind, this is definitely a scam. I contacted the seller and he told me he can't accept amazon payments "because my credit card is bloked in middle transaction"

Most reactions

Back