anyone for some CnC please

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by lorigon27, Mar 27, 2012.

1. lorigon27

lorigon27 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    $IMG_4858.jpg $IMG_4916.jpg $IMG_4929.jpg
    Any thoughts on these plz?

2. adartsesirhc

adartsesirhc TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Your third picture definitely needs some strobe light. Or at least to be moved to the shade. His arms are overexposed, while his face and chest are completely dark. Shooting in bright sunlight will do this. If you move to shade or wait for early morning or late afternoon, you'll get more even lighting. A reflector would also help to fill in some shadows. Ideally, you could use strobes (perhaps with CTO gels to give him better skin tone).

• Like Like x 1
  3. AceCo55

AceCo55 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #3: you have excellent timing here - "peak action" ... but IMO there are two issues that lessen the image of the image.
    As adartsesirhc has pointed out, his face and chest details are lost in his own shadow. Agree a strobe could be used to fill in the shadow. I think it would be very hard to use a reflector in this situation. Another solution might be to get on the other side so that that light is falling on the skateboarder and the shadow is thrown on the other side.
    The second issue (IMO) is that the background is competing with the skateboarder. It is sharp all the way from forground to background. One way to draw more attention to the skateboader would be to open up the shutter (smaller f number) so that the person is in sharp focus but the background is blurred. I wasn't able to read any EXIF data on the images so I don't know what shutter speed, aperture and ISO settings you were using.
    I think you should persevere and keep going back to this scenario - as I said your timing is terrific.

#2: This is a good perspective - I really like the strong diagonal element here. Some things that might improve (or at least change) the image ... and feel free to totally ignore anything I say (it is after all only an opinion).
    It might be a stronger image if we saw the front of the rider rather than the rear. Maybe take some from either side and see which side you feel gives you a better image.
    The rider is a little bit "lost" in the image - he is quite small in comparison to the whole image and so my eye can wander looking for other focal points.
    Again (my opinion), the background is too sharp and has too many other elements that are distracting (fence, pole, electricity wires and rider gets lost in the trees). A wider aperture (smaller f number) would help blur the background. I wonder what the background would have been like if you had been on the other side looking back this way.

#3: sorry, I have no opinion ... not really into portraits.

I really think this skate park could be a really good place for you to get some very strong/striking images. Different light, different points of view and changing aperture settings. Looks like fun too! Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lorigon27

lorigon27 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks alot!
    i do agree about hittin with strobes (subject didnt have enough time for me to go back home to grab them)
    #3--manual 1/2000 4.0 apeture iso 200 27.0mm

5. KmH

KmH In memoriam Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Your thread has been moved to the General Gallery per the description for the Beginner's Forum.

The Beginners forum is no longer a C&C or Gallery forum section.

6. Frequency

Frequency Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    You have wonderful feedbacks...

#1: The baby is in the effort of making soap bubbles, right? in that case it would have been better to include some bubbles to show the success of his/her efforts...that would add more life to the image ....

#2: why not try trimming the man, with the tree in his background and some slopping surface alone ???

#3: Adjusting the brightness can drive away or lower the deep shadow in his chest and below

Regards :D

7. AceCo55

AceCo55 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    "#3--manual 1/2000 4.0 apeture iso 200 27.0mm"

It's the 27mm focal length that has resulted in sharp focus throughout the forground to background. Don't know if you have a larger aperture on your lens, if you do maybe use it. Easiest way to separate foreground from background would probably be to use a longer focal length. Telephoto lenses will have less depth of field than wide angle lens (given everything else is the same).

Look forward to seeing more.

8. Actinometro

Actinometro No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I agree with Frequency.