Anyone have experience with light tent kits?

ashleiboucher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to buy a light tent kit somewhere around 2 feet square more or less. Does anyone have any good experiences with certain tents or companies?

I am fine with DIY especially when ones less than $60 have bad reviews and the good ones are $100+

What kind of stuff are you planning to shoot?

Snakes, Lizards general small items maybe a cat or two if I can find a tent large enough. Specific flowers. So generally small items that I would like to have alot of detail on and the subject placed on a white background.

Snakes, Lizards general small items maybe a cat or two ....

hum ... For those, light box may not be the best choice. I would just go with multiple lights with light modifiers and reflectors.

Or you can buy for 6 euros the famous kid tent in Ikea, best-seller among photographers all over the world :sexywink:

Snakes, Lizards general small items maybe a cat or two ....

hum ... For those, light box may not be the best choice. I would just go with multiple lights with light modifiers and reflectors.

+1 learnt to light your subject properly instead of tent flat lighting

So change of topic then. What types of lighting tools have you had experience with?
I am not looking for a professional grade set up just something that if I would like a solid backdrop with sufficient lighting I can use from time to time
I do have a reflector 32" silver, gold white etc.

This site maybe a good place to start.

Strobist

Take a look at the Lighting 101 and 102

Most reactions

Back