Anyone know the name of photog shooting African Americans ghetto culture in Miami?

milk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok - first post.. but I've been looking for this photographer for soo long.. Does anyone know the name of the photographer who has focused some series on the ghetto culture/style/fashion of African Americans in Florida? (mostly Miami/South Beach). The photographer had a lot of elements of people showing off cars/ jewelry, curvy women, tattoos... It struck me as influential because you don't see too much photography showcasing that culture in America .. Africa maybe but not in the States. Its a wide and vibrant culture (similar to modern hip hop music) that doesn't get told through photography that often, unless its for album covers, etc..

Anyone recommend some similar work?

Thanks!

Perhaps google this dude: mohawk j - mj flix

Hi from Tampa.

thanks for the reply! Unfortunately the mohawk guy isn't the photog..... The one I'm searching for had a grimy/ real life/ documentary style. He was all street photography. A lot of flashy yet gritty imagery - reminded me of martin parr a lot in the societal message with the subject content ... showcasing young black people going to the beach, dancing, hanging out in front of their cars etc. I CAN'T remember for the life of mewhere I saw it (definitely in a magazine) but i've been searching for 2 years!

bump, please!

Most reactions

Back