Apple Aperature Program

jw3571

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Do people like this program. I've heard good things from other Apple users, opinions?

Do you mean APERTURE? (Spelling)

It performs as advertised. People who use it tend to like it, but of course if they didn't like it they would not use it.

I really like it. But why not try it yourself download the 30 day demo

Please take a moment to scroll down and make note of all the various forums TPF offers.

There is a forum further down the list that is for question subjects like this one - Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery

Many Apple users choose to use Adobe Photoshop Lightroom instead of Aperture, in part because there are so many more Lightroom resources available.

Aperture and Lightroom are parametric image editors (PIEware). PIEware cannot edit pixels, but raster graphics editors can. Photoshop Elements, Photoshop CS 3, 4, 5, 6, GIMP, Photoscape, etc are raster editors.

I used to use Aperture but I got wind of Apple not supporting it going forward so 4 mo ago i switched to LightRoom..... at first I did not like LR because its file and folder system did not make sense. After a month of struggles and frustrations I got it together and really like LR. Download the 30 day trials for each and compare.

I used to use Aperture but I got wind of Apple not supporting it going forward so 4 mo ago i switched to LightRoom..... at first I did not like LR because its file and folder system did not make sense. After a month of struggles and frustrations I got it together and really like LR. Download the 30 day trials for each and compare.

Any wind that Apple is not going to support it is complete speculation based on no evidence. If they were not going to support it why would they have updated it right away for the new retina displays and feature it in there advertising about the new MacBook Pro with retina display.

I tried both Aperture and Lightroom. I liked both programs (I'm a hobbyist, not pro) but ultimately went with Lightroom because that is what was being used in my digital class. If I hadn't been taking the class, I'd have likely stayed with Aperture.

Im been looking into both Aperture and lightroom for mac..

Im leaning towards Lightroom, as my boss uses it and said he will give me guidance....I find i can learn something faster if im shown it, rather than having to read it for myself.

The trouble with the 'show me' method is a ton of details get left out compared to the 'read it' method.

A good guide to the ins-and-outs of using Lightroom 4 is a 667 page book that covers all 7 of Lightroom's modules. You can bet your boss won't provide anywhere near that amount of detailed information.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheers for the link Keith....

I will defo read the manual, but i do like the show me approach too.... It will get me started on the right path, even if its just a general guide around the tabs, functions and elements of the program...

I had the same thing when i was producing music...A good friend showed me the basic layout and general tips of a specific program and i read the manual in my own time. :D

ill be putting that book on my Christmas/Birthday list... :)

Most reactions

Back