Apple U-Picks

Gentle Black

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

I would like to show you 2 of my pictures that I have taken by my own lense.

Information
Canada - NB - Fredericton.
Apple U-Picks farm.
October 8th 2010.

houseahd11.jpg

treesahd11.jpg

Interesting HDR feel you have there. #1 is not bad, but the sky changes colour in the middle? #2 needs a bit more contrast and white tones. Also, do you have a higher quality image? The ones posted here are heavily compressed.

Interesting HDR feel you have there. #1 is not bad, but the sky changes colour in the middle? #2 needs a bit more contrast and white tones. Also, do you have a higher quality image? The ones posted here are heavily compressed.

Welcome

1st - There was a large cloud, looks like a rainy cloud. For that, the light was a little bit dark.

2nd - What do you mean by "contrast and white tones" ?

Actually, I don't have a higher quality image. Tell me please how I can make that because I have tried many times to do that but I couldn't

Thank you

Why do you feel that these images are heavily compressed? They look "HDR cooked" to me.

Guys could you explain "Are you shooting in raw" and "HDR cooked"?

To Shoot in RAW is a filetype your camera shoots in. I believe only DSLRs shoot this way. You should have the option to shoot in JPEG or RAW. Many people believe RAW is better, but it is still highly argued.

I'm not totally sure that this is correct, but I'll give it a go. HRD is when you take 3 photos. One with a high f/stop, one Medium, and one low. That way you get the High, Low, and Mid-tones. Then you combine them. Once again, I'm not 100% on this, because I don't HDR cook my photos.

Guys could you explain "Are you shooting in raw" and "HDR cooked"?

To Shoot in RAW is a filetype your camera shoots in. I believe only DSLRs shoot this way. You should have the option to shoot in JPEG or RAW. Many people believe RAW is better, but it is still highly argued.

I'm not totally sure that this is correct, but I'll give it a go. HRD is when you take 3 photos. One with a high f/stop, one Medium, and one low. That way you get the High, Low, and Mid-tones. Then you combine them. Once again, I'm not 100% on this, because I don't HDR cook my photos.

To clarify a little, RAW files have a larger colour space and much less compression than jpeg files. With RAW shots, almost all processing is left to the photographer to do after the images are transferred to the computer. With jpegs, information is thrown away to help keep files small. Colours that the camera thinks are not being used will be discarded. In RAW files, if you make a mistake and blow out a region, you have a much greater chance of recovering that information.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back