APS scanning / digitizing using (Fuji Frontier Minilab)

kuyawsadabaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Has anyone sent their APS film cartridges to be scanned at walgreens (or sam's club, or any photo lab) and burned to CD?

Do they scan the whole frame or do they restrict to APS-C, APS-H, APS-P sizes?

what are the dimensions of the scanned JPGs in pixels?

From what I know, most Walgreens have the Fuji Frontier Minilab.

I've had them done at my local grocery store and they burned them on a CD in the format they were shot in whether it was APS-C, H or P

how much did u pay for it?

do you remember what machine they used for it? was it a Fuji Frontier?

Did you have an option to get full-frame scans?

I found a smugmug page that had a 2144 by 1232 pixel wide (full-frame) scan from a Fuji Frontier with EXIF converted from APS' magnetic strip (original shoot date/time, f number, etc were intact)

http://smiley1081.smugmug.com/gallery/260149

the images are darn grainy, but I'm willing to get that as long as it has EXIF information.

kuyawsadabaw said:
Has anyone sent their APS film cartridges to be scanned at walgreens (or sam's club, or any photo lab) and burned to CD?

Do they scan the whole frame or do they restrict to APS-C, APS-H, APS-P sizes?

what are the dimensions of the scanned JPGs in pixels?

From what I know, most Walgreens have the Fuji Frontier Minilab.

I work at Walgreens, and use that machine! (though it's been a while since I've been in the photo department)...that's a good question, though. Usually we don't see what is on the actual CD after it is burned...so, I called a friend of mine who is the photo head at another Walgreens nearby. She wasn't TOTALLY positive, but she's pretty sure it scans it the same way it scans on the index print...which is the whole frame. So...don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure Walgreens scans the whole frame. :) Hope that helps! Don't be mad at me if I'm wrong!

that's great information. How about the size in pixels? I called our local walgreens, but whoever I talked to doesn't seem to know much about the terminology of pixel dimensions.

How much does it cost just to have the scans and burnt to cd? I don't want reprints of the photos.

Yeah, I just realized that now. :) Scanning the whole thing the first time does make sense in their perspective.

Most reactions

Back