Aquarium shots...

ok ... who will lend me a few fish to photograph? :):)

I'd be happy to send you some mate... trouble is that when they are on the plane, their little fins aren't good at holding the drinks... and everybody knows there is nothing worse than flying sober.

friendlyphoto said:
Sorry to steal the post, but Lula, tell your friend that the plant needs more Potassium. It will show more red.

Nice tank pictures!!

No worries...though i dont get it , the plant is green why should be red, i actually talk with him and he told he has red plants but the one i shot is green!!!! the little red thing there is not from the plant......anyway i'm no expert so.....

Do you guys use flash when you take these aquarium pics? I think the flash would reflect on the glass and screw up the shot but you guys' intank pictures are soo bright! :shock:

LEXTC said:
Do you guys use flash when you take these aquarium pics? I think the flash would reflect on the glass and screw up the shot but you guys' intank pictures are soo bright! :shock:

I don't use flash, I shoot at night, close the windows, use a tripod and I have my aquarium very well iluminated (4 20W gro-lux + 1 15w 10.000K tubes)

Turn off the flash and use the camera on automatic.

When you want a close=up you may need a flash, but you can put it outside you camera, so there will be no reflexes.

fishyready.jpg

Got a rare glimpse of my alien-esque starfish today... this is only one arm, and most people wouldn't want to see the rest of him :twisted:

brittle.jpg

brittle2.jpg

Sofia, Photo Theme threads never die. They may not get used in a long while, but still: in the Themes we continually collect members' photos on specific themes and any time someone has something new to contribute, they are always welcome to do so!

Here's a few from my reef :)

I could really use a macro lens.

12-4.jpg

11-4.jpg

10-4.jpg

9-4.jpg

5-7.jpg

4-6.jpg

3-7.jpg

2-9.jpg

1-1.jpg

Omaha Zoo Aquarium: I shot all of these without flash, handheld.
Links gone :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Tennessee Aquarium with a Kodak dx7590...hoping to go back and try these again...especially now with the penguins exhibit.

CT24PurpleSeaStar.jpg

CT22caringforbabies.jpg

CT3.jpg

CT39RoyalGramma.jpg

Here's a few from last week at the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga...

ChattanoogaJuly07342b.jpg

ChattanoogaJuly07283b.jpg

ChattanoogaJuly07640b.jpg

ChattanoogaJuly07639b.jpg

Most reactions

Back