Aquarium visit

mommy-medic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I struggled with my visit to the aquarium today. Crazy lighting situations, colors, and moving targets behind thick glass. I did manage to get a few shots in though. Thoughts?

Blue-eyed smug frog. I've tried different crops and can't seem to find what I like. Still playing with this one.

000_0701 by awaagen

Sea dragon. I hate that I chopped off parts of him. I did notice that while shooting and tried to recompose the shot but they swam away. :( Was good practice I guess. I also now see a scratch on the aquarium that I would remove in pp had I not amputated him.

000_0493 by awaagen

My favorite subject there, the jellyfish. Still taking a look at my images from today and I'm sure I have different frames and crops, but I love the colors and patterns of this guy:

000_0669 by awaagen

And just for fun, the "not tonight dear I have a headache fish": (Still tweaking wb).
000_0563 by awaagen

i really like the sea dragon, despite the amputation, it is very crisp, and evenly lit

something i couldn't do in an aquarium

The first one is a waxy monkey tree frog or (Phyllomedusa sauvagei). Aquariums are difficult lighting wise. Keep at it.

Sea Dragon and the Jellyfish are great! Much better than my aquarium shots!

I also struggled with shooting in the aquarium a few months ago. Tons of varying environments with tricky lighting and moving animals. I would love to see some more of your jellyfish shots. I got the best pictures of those and the lighting is usually perfect for them.

Jellyfish by teacher386, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back