Arches

o_O

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Was at Arches National Park in Utah on Sunday and hiked to Delicate Arch for sunset. Managed to get one or two without a million people in them. Will try to head back in winter, when it's a bit quieter.

img4625fixed8x10small.jpg

I have made 3 trips to the Moab area this year. Late fall and early spring are no doubt the best times to visit .. That place can be a mad house in the summer.
Keep in mind the Moab is the wall-mart of southern Utah... there are plenty of non-moab remote sites they you can visit anytime of the year and enjoy solitude. If you are looking for ideas check out my photoblog Summit42.com

happy trails

Very nice I just went there this summer and I agree too many people. It would be nice if they would keep people back a littele bit so you can enjoy the granduer of the place without a thousand people climbing all over the arches.

Edit:
I agree Summit I was following 2 buses when I went through.

I think it just needs a little co-operation. Maybe some guidelines regarding spending a few minutes away so people can get pictures. A bunch of people shouted at the few hogging the arches and everyone cleared off for a couple of minutes, which was cool. No-one minded too much and we all got the standard shots of the arch, people free.

I'll check out some more of your blog summit. Like the spark spinning shots too. :)

I think it just needs a little co-operation. Maybe some guidelines regarding spending a few minutes away so people can get pictures. A bunch of people shouted at the few hogging the arches and everyone cleared off for a couple of minutes, which was cool. No-one minded too much and we all got the standard shots of the arch, people free.

These guidelines already exist, there is even a sign at the trail head. Tourists just don't care.

I almost moved to Moab to take a resort management job... glad I didn't. Makes for awesome photography, but how much red rock can you really get excited about?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back