What's new

Arches

Fred Berg

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
1,802
Reaction score
748
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
imm029_6-005.jpg


Ektar DIN 21
 
The interesting thing about pictures with repeated elements is the repetition of the enjoyable pattern.
In this picture, the off-kilter verticals and the sharpening halos are distracting, I think

$archeslll.webp
 
Yes, it needed a bit of straightening and then sharpening. It was a a bit of a snapshot at the time of taking and I've used it to see what could be done by selecting the area with the most interest and then blowing that up a bit. I'm reading through Hedgecoe's The Art of Colour Photography at the moment, and there are a few examples where he does just this. I'm happy that the patterns have been picked up on and know the rest could be a lot better.

Always appreciate your feedback, Lew.
 
Moving away; moving towards.... showing one face, hiding the other.... one male, one female.... really intelligent
I felt the objects in the corridor a bit distracting

:D
 
Fred; I love it! I immediately smiled as I digested your composition. You should be very happy with it.

Yes, please straighten it, correct the halos, and crop the two right-most metal racks. Then, if you still feel like playing with it; clone out some of the reflecting elements in the dark areas.
 
Moving away; moving towards.... showing one face, hiding the other.... one male, one female.... really intelligent
I felt the objects in the corridor a bit distracting :D

Thanks, Frequency; I'm happy that you got so much out of it. Maybe the objects are a bit distracting because there isn't enough shown of them in this crop.



Fred; I love it! I immediately smiled as I digested your composition. You should be very happy with it.

Yes, please straighten it, correct the halos, and crop the two right-most metal racks. Then, if you still feel like playing with it; clone out some of the reflecting elements in the dark areas.

Thanks, Designer; I appreciate the kind words!

-----------------

I took another look at the original photo this morning and decided to try a different crop. Perhaps more is less, and the problems are not as obvious from this viewpoint. Also, some other elements are now included which support what's going on within the centre of interest:

imm029_6-012Kopie.jpg


I'd be glad to get some thoughts on the changes :)
 
The table on the left is intriguing, and I love those arrows above it, matching the direction of the figures, but the colorful stuff on the right should go.
 
The story would have been different, if instead of the notice boards, a street cat or dog or any such interesting thing appeared towards the viewer's end when you zoomed out; as of now trimmed image is better
Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom