Arctic Valley

Geronimo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these while hiking in Arctic Valley. Upon one mountain top is an old NIKE missle encampment.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

wow, gero - some great shots of Alaska, i love the combination of man made and nature elements you have here, its something that try to capture in my nz photos.

I really dig the pipe with netting... what exactly is that?

Very nice Gero. I particularly like the color shot down the valley.

We have old Nike sites around here too, but unfortunately they're still on Federal land and we can't get to them. :( Someday before I die, I hope.

Thanks guys.

Vonnagy, I believe that is a secondory exhaust pipe for when a missle was launched, any excess exhaust pressure was routed through it. But I couldnt be sure about it.

Photobug, In Anchorage there was three sites. This one sits on a mountain top, with nuclear fallout shelters (hospitals and barracks underground), one has been turned into a city park with people forgetting what was there. The third is on the militay base.

Ok, I love all the pictures but I wanted to say something about that first one. Great eye man... the lighting was perfect to focus all the attention on the flowers and keep the background dark. Great find!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back