What's new

Death Valley -- A Dozen

Joined
Feb 20, 2017
Messages
860
Reaction score
1,198
Location
Orland Park, IL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last month, I spent a couple of days in Death Valley. Unfortunately half of my photo shoot locations were closed--not due to the government shutdown, but because a flash flood hit the area in September and destroyed several roads. Here are a dozen photographs that I was able to capture during my visit:

1- This iconic landscape is the view from Zabriskie Point
p1184363712-6.jpg


2- Death Valley and its salt flats from Dante's View
p1184363700-6.jpg


3- A woman walking on the Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes
p1184363685-6.jpg


4- Kit Fox Hills and Death Valley Buttes
p1184363691-6.jpg


5- Cook Bank Building at Rhyolite Ghost Town
p1184363709-6.jpg


6- Otherworldy badlands from Zabriskie Point
p1184363693-6.jpg


7- A badlands abstract
p1184363714-6.jpg


8- Sun rising to hit the buttes above Death Valley
p1184363695-6.jpg


9- Manly beacon from Zabriske Point
p1184363684-6.jpg


10- Salt pan abstract
p1184363703-6.jpg


11- One of the more spectacular sunsets that I ever witnessed
p1184363701-6.jpg


12- The clouds were on fire!
p1184380026-6.jpg


Death Valley was just 2 days of my 17 day road trip from Chicago to Death Valley. Other productive stops included the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and some segments of historic Route 66.

Thanks again for looking!

Glenn
 
Last edited:
Another drive-by photo dump...
 
thanks for sharing, death valley is on my bucket list. too bad about the road closures, but i love the photos you were able to get. the first photo is my favorite, great light.
 
thanks for sharing, death valley is on my bucket list. too bad about the road closures, but i love the photos you were able to get. the first photo is my favorite, great light.
Thanks for commenting. I like the light just before sunrise. That first one was captured before sunrise with a 5 second exposure.

Glenn
 
Thanks for commenting. I like the light just before sunrise. That first one was captured before sunrise with a 5 second exposure.

Glenn
thanks for the extra info, it's a gorgeous photo. i've seen this view before, but the light and color in yours definitely sets it apart from the rest.
 
Great photos. Quiet an impressive and beautiful desolation. Can you wander and camp just about anywhere there?
 
Great photos. Quite an impressive and beautiful desolation. Can you wander and camp just about anywhere there?
Thank you…I camped in the campground at Furnace Creek. I am not sure if you can camp outside of the designated campgrounds…but I doubt that it is permitted within the park.

Glenn
 
Last edited:
Ummm...what does this mean???
Not everyone is going to like the photographs that I post…and that is their prerogative. I assume that saying it is a photo “dump” implies that the pictures are garbage.

I usually share photos from major shoots as I know some people enjoy viewing them. But not everyone will like them and that is OK.

Glenn
 
Last edited:
Last month, I spent a couple of days in Death Valley. Unfortunately half of my photo shoot locations were closed--not due to the government shutdown, but because a flash flood hit the area in September and destroyed several roads. Here are a dozen photographs that I was able to capture during my visit:

1- This iconic landscape is the view from Zabriskie Point
p1184363712-6.jpg


2- Death Valley and its salt flats from Dante's View
p1184363700-6.jpg


3- A woman walking on the Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes
p1184363685-6.jpg


4- Kit Fox Hills and Death Valley Buttes
p1184363691-6.jpg


5- Cook Bank Building at Rhyolite Ghost Town
p1184363709-6.jpg


6- Otherworldy badlands from Zabriskie Point
p1184363693-6.jpg


7- A badlands abstract
p1184363714-6.jpg


8- Sun rising to hit the buttes above Death Valley
p1184363695-6.jpg


9- Manly beacon from Zabriske Point
p1184363684-6.jpg


10- Salt pan abstract
p1184363703-6.jpg


11- One of the more spectacular sunsets that I ever witnessed
p1184363701-6.jpg


12- The clouds were on fire!
p1184380026-6.jpg


Death Valley was just 2 days of my 17 day road trip from Chicago to Death Valley. Other productive stops included the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and some segments of historic Route 66.

Thanks again for looking!

Glenn
Great set!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom