Are Mac's worth the price premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dao said:
Marketing is quite important in my opinion. Who drink bottle water? Who believe bottle water is better than tap water? Who make you believe bottle water is better than tap water? (or at least trying to) Pepsi Aquafina bottle water has a facility in St. Louis area. Guess where they get their water from. But at lot of people still believe it is cleaner, healthier ..... (whatever Pepsi market want us to believe)

So new topic:

Tap water vs bottle water

I don't think so. And the times I buy bottle water is because I'm on the road and there no assessable. Or I actual long want the plastic bottle for some purpose.

Some people my think bottle water is better but not all if them

Back to my point.

A lot of people buy bottle water for convenience. Just easier to get water on the road.

If Microsoft limited the hardware and software that was available for Windows PCs.. and thoroughly tested and vetted every piece of hardware and software that was to go on a windowd machine (thereby greatly reducing the different combinations and creativity currently available).. then Windows PC's would be as reliable as MACs. (This is what APPLE does.. by controlling this aspect to such a restrictive degree, they can ensure better reliability in the hardware! And by not even allowing users to do some things that can "break" the software, they greatly reduce problems caused by human interaction! Just not a model I care for!)

The whole "MAC interface is easier" is debatable, as anyone with a modicum of intelligence can easily learn either OS.

Last edited:
i'm a reformed mac hater and still use windows occasionally too, but i suspect manyare just throwing bait in the thread?

fishing.gif

i'm a reformed mac hater and still use windows occasionally too, but i suspect manyare just throwing bait in the thread?

fishing.gif

I am not a "MAC hater".... I just hate the stupid arguing! I hope you don't think I am "throwing bait"!

I have purposely stayed out of this thread for the majority of the time it has been around, because the whole argument is nonsensical! just like the Nikon vs Canon crap.... (Now Sony??? That is a different story! ;) lol!

I agreed. I'm done posting. Everybody just get what you like and enjoy.

I know what I like. I've been in many sides to decide on my own what I should spend my money on.

Dao said:
Marketing is quite important in my opinion. Who drink bottle water? Who believe bottle water is better than tap water? Who make you believe bottle water is better than tap water? (or at least trying to) Pepsi Aquafina bottle water has a facility in St. Louis area. Guess where they get their water from. But at lot of people still believe it is cleaner, healthier ..... (whatever Pepsi market want us to believe)

So new topic:

Tap water vs bottle water

I don't think so. And the times I buy bottle water is because I'm on the road and there no assessable. Or I actual long want the plastic bottle for some purpose.

Some people my think bottle water is better but not all if them

Back to my point.

A lot of people buy bottle water for convenience. Just easier to get water on the road.

So you are saying the 50 billions bottle waters sold in US a year are form people who bought them on the road?

It's only worth it because I own stock. Other than that it's pretty dam stupid.

fishing.gif

I am not a "MAC hater".... I just hate the stupid arguing! I hope you don't think I am "throwing bait"!

I have purposely stayed out of this thread for the majority of the time it has been around, because the whole argument is nonsensical! just like the Nikon vs Canon crap.... (Now Sony??? That is a different story! ;) lol!

Nooooo I didn't think you are throwing bait at all! If anything I was slinging more of that than most anyway =)

Is a mac worth the extra $?
Yes!!!!!!!!!
Up to a year ago I was a windows only girl. I got a 27" iMac and haven't looked back ( except to wonder what took me so long!).... I love it! But I only use my computer for work ...(no gaming etc) .. I run my photoshop and Lightroom and all of my plug ins on it. It's blazing fast and rock solid! I haven't managed to figure out how to crash it yet ;) on my old pc if I opened up more than two dozen photos in photoshop cs5 at a time I got the death spiral! It was a time consuming nightmare.
Unlike others who think macs are hacker proof ... I still run antivirus and firewalls... Better safe than sorry. These images are my bread and butter I have to keep them safe!!!!
When I bought it I was concerned about it not being compatible with my current software. I bought parallels for windows and have only used less than a dozen times.

Last edited:
I'm not a budget person, I'll pay a premium to not have second best. Honestly I own both high end Mac and Windows machines. The Mac is a pleasure and Windows is just....Windows.

Take equal amounts of money and find me a Mac that is more powerful than the equivalent PC. A high-end Windows desktop will annihilate any Mac in terms of hardware. You're paying for a brand name and nothing more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Beleive that with all your heart. Well, true, Windows is MUCH cheaper. Then again so is Wal-Mart, but I shop at Target for the same reasons I don't hardly fire up my high end windows machines anymore
dblthumb2.gif

There's a difference between buying cheaper, lower-quality things at Walmart and buying the exact same computer components that you would find in a Mac for half the price. There aren't "generic" Intel processors or nVidia graphics cards. Please be less ignorant about building computers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Target isn't exactly the pinnacle of quality shopping either ... especially when compared to Walmart...

Target isn't exactly the pinnacle of quality shopping either ... especially when compared to Walmart...

In my town its cleaner, higher quality products, no long lines, not like an "airport hanger" like our super wal-mart. lacks the "peopleofwalmart.com" factor. I'll pay the extra 1-2 % to shop target over Wally world but each to his own
bigthumb.gif

2WheelPhoto said:
In my town its cleaner, higher quality products, no long lines, not like an "airport hanger" like our super wal-mart. lacks the "peopleofwalmart.com" factor. I'll pay the extra 1-2 % to shop target over Wally world but each to his own

I my town, Target & Walmart are pretty much the exact same thing, with different logos...

Edit
If anything, Target is the slightly trashier one, around here anyway...

Last edited:

Target it Maine is like Wal-Mart with a cut and a shave, but their prices are still similar... Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah.

gerardo2068 said:
You are wrong. I have built windows computer before. I don't want to do that any more. Incompetent peoria are everywhere including windows owners. Like the one that take the pc to geek squad.

Geek Squad is pretty good, not our fault we are forced to charge outrageous prices. But then again it's no different than a mechanic charging 125 for changing oil...just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back