Are there more "advanced" camera features? (BBF, etc)

I've still yet to really bother using the depth of field preview button - its located in a terrible position miles away from where you have any fingers when holding the camera (esp if you are using anything longer than around 50mm).
On most Canon bodies I've seen, it's pretty easy to push with your thumb. On my 1N RS, it's on the other side of the mount and isn't too hard to push with a finger... The button itself is also a lot easier to push on that camera though (it sticks out pretty far).

I can just never find the darn button to push it - plus I've never really found a reason to push it

See I tend to find its hard enough just getting the eyes in focus on most macro shots when handholding - without trying to worry to see how much or how little extra of the bug I have to work with. Plus, when I can, my left hand is generally nearer the end of the lens rather than the camera body - with the 65mm I'm often resting my left hand near to the subject (if its on the ground/something stable) or aim for the "lefthand brace technique" in order to steady the shot.

I can just never find the darn button to push it - plus I've never really found a reason to push it

Canon put it on the left side of the body??

Canon put it on the left side of the body??
I've seen it on both sides (on Canon bodies). All of the digital bodies I've seen had it on the left side. All of the 35mm bodies I've seen (except the Rebels) have it on the right side. I don't know why they changed it, but right side feels better to me.

I found out about the focus back button a few weeks ago. Others feautures are mirror lock up, flash synch, etc. It's all in the manual, so they're not real tricks

Most reactions

Back