Are we really just a bunch of nuts?

c.cloudwalker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am seriously worried about the membership here and I sincerely hope we are not too representative of the larger society...

Are we really so uptight that we can't recognize fun even when we are told a thread is just for fun? True, I did not put it in "Off Topic Chat" but what does "here's another little stupid poll" mean to you? As if anyone really needed that after one of the possible responses being "not show up at the shoot and blame it on your pet hedgehog getting an upset stomach and having to take her to a vet"...

I posted the last couple of my polls to try and make members realize they need to relax, not take themselves so seriously... I failed big BIG time. :(

I was expecting responses about the sexist part of the answer, about how did I know it was a female as it is a prickly subject, etc, etc and that is kind of how it started, good natured fun, but OMfG, it didn't last long.

Relax people. You are not the center of the universe, probably never will be. And let me tell you, I live just fine while fully aware I will never be the center of the universe...

Relax!

PS = I was going to make this a poll but decided it was not the best of idea because someone would figure out a great way to totally derail it again :(

Aww I was hoping for another poll! :D not!

I've been around forum boards a long time and this one, well let me rephrase that, the photography boards seem to have the most sensitive of personage. Perhaps Photography = Art = Artists = a little whacky....perhaps ;)

Photography = Art = Artists = a little whacky....perhaps ;)

I would not disagree (and neither would my ex-wives) with that equation. But we have very few true artists here. And maybe that is the problem. Would be artists could be worse than real ones, lol.

Sorry about the no-poll.

What we need to is have a TPF cookout, post our pictures and forget about any rules. Come on people let's get this universal cookout brewing. I don't care where you are from or where you live, let's get this weekend started right!!!!

Perhaps aspiring and true are not so distant. It's the chicken and egg routine. All Artists are whacky but not all whacky persons are artists ;)

I posted the last couple of my polls to try and make members realize...

I don't think people with strong opinions can be made to realize anything, on a forum especially. Maybe strapped to a rack in a Spanish dungeon, but not here. Well, probably not there, either. I wouldn't waste my time.

Otherwise, I completely agree with you that people should relax and not take themselves so seriously. I don't see that happening, though.

Without people's querks the world would be boring place to live. I will not live in a world of robots dammit!!! Lol

I have always thought that there was to many chiefs and not enough indians here. I agree Just take the blue pill and Relax!

I have always thought that there was to many chiefs and not enough indians here. I agree Just take the blue pill and Relax!

A portrait of me (in the glasses) done by a pal....

$blue pill.jpg

I am seriously worried about the membership here and I sincerely hope we are not too representative of the larger society...

Are we really so uptight that we can't recognize fun even when we are told a thread is just for fun?
:(

You've been around long enough to know these forums. Ever try a politics forum? Sheesh! Those people have no sense of humor at all!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back