What's new

Are you a dedicated photographer?

yes I am that dedicated! Nothing better than being freezing cold miles from civilization, just you and your camera.
 
Bunny tracks.
Hard core photography. If it were mine I would crop the bottom part off to the top of the big footprint right in the middle bottom.
Excellent shot as is.
 
Must be a Nikon seeing how its working in that brutal temp. Juat sayin'
bigthumb.gif
This photo was taken indeed with a Nikon. The photo he was trying to make... didn't work out (he's a Canon shooter).

Very cool. Any other shots?
Here's one: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/274665-sunset-over-frozen-lake.html

For all we know he's 10 yards from a highway or a Starbucks!
The closest Starbucks is about 2 hours away :) The closest anything is about 30-40 minutes away :)

...and finally you have it....a human figure in your frame... i am really impressed :thumbsup:
I'll do my best not to do it again :)

Nothing better than being freezing cold miles from civilization, just you and your camera.
I don't know if you're serious or not. I actually agree with everything you said, although I don't HAVE to be in the freezing cold ;)

If it were mine I would crop the bottom part off to the top of the big footprint right in the middle bottom.
That crop might definitely work. But... this was just a snapshot that I thought turned out cool. I didn't really put too much effort into post-processing it, and don't expect to put any more :)

Thanks all for your comments!
 
Nice work as usual Federico!

Thanks for sharing
 
Funny thing... if you scaled the photographer down to say, 1/4 size, it would still work.

Frederico, great image, as always!
 
Funny thing... if you scaled the photographer down to say, 1/4 size, it would still work.

Frederico, great image, as always!
Thanks very much! I hadn't thought about the scale thing that you mention, but it makes sense.
 
Is that photographer mounted into the image?

The coldest I shot in was -40°C and strong wind this winter. Almost lost two fingers when changing lenses ;)
 
Is that photographer mounted into the image?

The coldest I shot in was -40°C and strong wind this winter. Almost lost two fingers when changing lenses ;)
Hey Alex, long time no see! No, the photographer is not mounted into the image (I wouldn't even know how to do it). I regularly shoot in the minus twenties (Celsius) in the winter. The coldest I've shot so far was around -30°C. It's fun when you lose fingers or even a limb to frostbite, no? :)
 
Is that photographer mounted into the image?The coldest I shot in was -40°C and strong wind this winter. Almost lost two fingers when changing lenses ;)
Hey Alex, long time no see! No, the photographer is not mounted into the image (I wouldn't even know how to do it). I regularly shoot in the minus twenties (Celsius) in the winter. The coldest I've shot so far was around -30°C. It's fun when you lose fingers or even a limb to frostbite, no? :)
It is certainly no fun, and this time it was rather close to serious damage to my fingers. I had quite some luck I did react quickly. It took some time until I got the feeling back ... and then it took a loong time until the hammering pain went away ;)Oh, and by the way, two Canons did very well for days at -40C ;) (and so do Nikons, I know) ;)... have not been around here for a long time indeed!
 
It is certainly no fun, and this time it was rather close to serious damage to my fingers. I had quite some luck I did react quickly. It took some time until I got the feeling back ... and then it took a loong time until the hammering pain went away ;)
I know what you mean. Shooting in the extreme cold really tests the limits on one's thickheadedness: you know that you should not be doing it, and the risk is HIGH... but – even if you're a very responsible person – somehow you don't care...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom