Arizona Desert , only 3 for the bracket

Amazing. It's too hot for me to go out right now!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

It's good to see a desert/cactus photo that opens the foreground a bit more to light instead of the standard cactus silhouette against the skyline shot.

It's good to see a desert/cactus photo that opens the foreground a bit more to light instead of the standard cactus silhouette against the skyline shot.

Thanks.
I am learning this program. I used 3 shots for my bracket. -1, 0, +1. I am concerned that it is too juiced up for better words. Any suggestion to soften it up a little? Or should I leave it?

Last edited:
I would get more exposures. But if you want to stick with 3, maybe go -2, 0, +2. Maybe it's my eyes but I don't see a lot of detail in the sky or in the shadows.

Nice, to bad I wasn't into photography during my stay in Arizona.

I never understood the point of any more than 3 exposures.

Each shot has its own dynamic range of about 10 stops for instance, on my camera. So 3 exposures should sufficiently cover all detail all the way up to +/- 8 or 9EV, that's including a safety margin. Since many cameras don't even give you the option of compensating more than like +/- 7EV, why would you ever need 5

I would get more exposures. But if you want to stick with 3, maybe go -2, 0, +2. Maybe it's my eyes but I don't see a lot of detail in the sky or in the shadows.

I think you are right. The three shots show little variation in exposure. -2, 0 +2 would give more of a dynamic range.
Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back