Arlington Cemetary

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On this very special holiday I made a trip to Arlington Cemetery for sunrise.

Attachments

• $DSC_0051_resize.jpg
    $DSC_0051_resize.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 121
Nice image.

Should have centered the new grave in the image to remind us how stupid we (the entire human race) still are.

I like this image. Dd you notice that the sun flares almost all point to the American flags? I'm not from the USA but its the first thing. Noticed and it made me look around at the other flares.

No I didn't!!! I actually had about 10 min with the sun in this position so I was actually concentrating on exposure to make sure the headstones were visible and not washed out. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Nice image.

Should have centered the new grave in the image to remind us how stupid we (the entire human race) still are.

Thanks Martin.. I actually centered the image on a friends brothers grave that was laid there last year. The "new" grave you're referring to is actually the dirt around a newly planted tree. Maybe I should have cropped that out?

My apologies for tainting your thread. I hope the day will come that there are no new plots in there.

Martin.. I'm in 100% agreement with you that one day we won't need any more plots there.
And you didn't taint it, just a comment.

What can you say but remember.

I actually centered the image on a friends brothers grave that was laid there last year.

Which one were you trying to put the attention on? The one in the front and it just has some numbers on it and the bottom being cut off is a little jarring. If its the one behind the front one then moving in closer thus eliminating the one in front of it from view and dropping the camera height would bring much more attention to the grave.

I actually centered the image on a friends brothers grave that was laid there last year.

Which one were you trying to put the attention on? The one in the front and it just has some numbers on it and the bottom being cut off is a little jarring. If its the one behind the front one then moving in closer thus eliminating the one in front of it from view and dropping the camera height would bring much more attention to the grave.

The one in front with just some numbers on it. That way my friend knew it was her brothers grave, and not some just random headstone out there. Granted I could have done better and I do appreciate the feedback (in the appropriate section). My friend and her family loved the picture so much that it brought tears to their eyes. I don't know about you, but to me, that means the world. To be able to do this for a family that lives across the country and can't see their sons grave, it was my honor.

Most reactions

Back