around the house.. C&C please

y0aimee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't done much shooting lately so I've been going around my house trying to look for things and make them interesting. haha. Sorry if they're boring. C&C appreciated =)

Thanks for your time!

4253000000_3b9739f30c.jpg

4252999324_11c875059d.jpg

4252707607_2c7e516969.jpg

4250838718_2fcc2c7862.jpg

4217808481_8c1332bfe2.jpg

I love the colour grading on 2 and 3, I like the shoe shot the best :).

Small nit picks on the last shot, it's prolly my least favourite. Some suggestions to improve it would be.. I would have positioned the subject to use more of the frame (the bottom of the frame is dead) Also the chain is too regular, maybe vary the turns in it. Perhaps suggest depth by having larger curves change to tighter ones as the chain recedes away. Alternatively you could use the chain to frame or lead the eye to the bullet.

I have to say I really like your photos. They are extremely sharp and a great use of colour. Did you use photoshop much, e.g. for the vignetting?

For not-so-exciting subjects, I think these are nice shots. Nice job.

agreed.
for "around the house" type shots, these are awesome!
#2 is super cool!

i love the treatment youve given all of these.
well done.

Excellent photos Aimee! They're not boring at all. I see you like Starbucks, I remember seeing that in one of your 'Christmas Bokeh' photos also :lol: I'd like to know how you got the effect on #2, 3 (I don't even know what to call it) though if you don't mind sharing?

Great job on these photos. Minor quibble but I would flip the bullet pendant around because I found the inscription on the front distracting. Just my opinion though.

Usually not a fan of photos of shoes (for some reason) but I really like your effort there. Can I ask what PP you did on that pic?

Thanks everyone! I do agree that the chain could be positioned differently. At that time, I wasn't sure which look would've been best. haha. But thanks for all the C&C.

Excellent photos Aimee! They're not boring at all. I see you like Starbucks, I remember seeing that in one of your 'Christmas Bokeh' photos also :lol: I'd like to know how you got the effect on #2, 3 (I don't even know what to call it) though if you don't mind sharing?

Usually not a fan of photos of shoes (for some reason) but I really like your effort there. Can I ask what PP you did on that pic?

And to everyone wondering about the processing done in pics #2 and #3, I used the editing feature in Flickr called picnik. I don't have PS or any other editing software so I use picnik. In picnik, I used this effect called "cross process". For pic #3, I adjusted the intensity of the effect to get the look I'm going for and I also adjusted the saturation to give it sort of a vintage/ old school feel to it.

For pic #2, I adjusted the tint, saturation, and added light vignetting. This is all done thru picnik as well. I hope this answers everyones questions.

Personally, I like #1 the most. Nice pictures for just messing around the house! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back