Article Submission do anything for SEO?

swoop_ds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lastmountainphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does submitting photography articles to random article database sites actually do anything for SEO? This seems like a spammy waste of my time, or am I mistaken on this?

I write content filled blog posts now and then between actual photoshoot posts, and I know that those are useful. I'm just wondering if article submission to 3rd party sites does anything.

Thanks,
-Dave

Absolutely yes! I just started this last month for my Costa Rica wedding photography keywords... I've moved up about 10 spots (on second page for some and first page for others)... I used to be much lower.. I'm slowing creating an article a day (with a spinner) and submitting via SEO link vine... they submit one a day so it's a slow process... but slower is actally a bit better. I'm happy with the results.

Writing and photography go hand in hand, man.

I had an article about mine pollution remediation print-published last year, and they begged me for photos to include with my submission. I tried like crazy to find some sites to photograph, but alas, companies that operate polluting mining operations have a weird policy about allowing folks to get close to their mines with cameras.:lmao: They ended up using stock images that weren't exactly pertinent to the story...

Point is, unless you're obsessing over it and spending more time writing than shooting (like I do :p ), it will be worthwhile for you to have a basis to get yourself published eventually.
C7

as a web developer (15+ yrs) and one who has top rankings in search engines for a few different websites I would tell you to NOT go with any paid linking schemes.

SEO is easy. It is just like citing sources for research work.
Your sources need to be relevant and authoritative.

Write relevant articles and get them published on sites that the search engines consider authoritative.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back