Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D850
f/8.0
ISO 64
1/3200 - 1/640 - 1/500 Sec
58 mm f/1.4G
58 mm

(Processed In LR, Color Efex Pro 4 & Silver Efex Pro 2)

Image Consists Of Three Shots At The Various Indicated Shutter Speeds Above.

20190407-untitled-2-HDR-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Cheers,

Enezdez

Seems just a bit too dark to me, even considering the subject matter.

Agree with Derrel, it needs to be a bit lighter. Perhaps you could try a different combination of shutter speeds?

Also appears to be about 6-8 degrees off kilter, right to left.

I re-processed and I think you will find this as an improvement....

20190407-untitled-2-HDR-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

Thanks,

Enezdez

As bulldurham said, it seems to be rotated counter-clockwise.
Reflections are always shown directly vertically from the reflected object.

Why is the reflection so much longer than the image?

Enezdez[/QUOTE]
Why is the reflection so much longer than the image?
Of the cuff, if the sun was low and the camera low enough

I am not sure that reflections work like shadows, that is, lower sun gives longer shadows.
I am think a bit of stretching was done in Light Room? Works fine for me.

But bulldurham above wrote: "Also appears to be about 6-8 degrees off kilter, right to left."

And that I do agree with...Use the two short horizontal pieces of the building, on the walls left and right of door, these are above the small niche's with statues in them...

These pieces need to be level with the horizon, using a grid (in software) over your photo, line these up with horizontal line, and then some slight cropping (slivers only) may be needed all four edges to bring frame back to a true rectangle.

Do not be fooled by the slight diagonal of the lake shoreline and walkway, that may be, and probably is, because photo was not taken dead straight facing the mausoleum; that is OK, the eye/brain accommodates for that. But the spires need to be vertical and the horizontal, actually be horizontal.

Architectural photography--if not "interpretive," but documentary--needs to be pretty technically correct, such as horizons and verticals where expected

Photo is a bit dark, but that is a matter of taste, or monitor brightness, and if printed your choices then.

Good luck!

I like this photo!

Having said that, I agree with the comments about alignment. If your camera doesn't have a grid overlay to help with getting alignment correct, you can use a simple bubble level in the hot shoe to fix the horizontal problem.

As far as the reflection being larger than the original, that's probably due to the camera height relative to the building. I don't find it to be a problem but some might.

I like it as first presented.

The exposed sets the mood, at least on my monitor. The water looks level to me, even if the land is not, and there is no reason the land should be level.

I have spent a lot of time chasing my tail, only to come back around to the original in a few days.

Nice photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back