as the quarter spins...

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Whew, been quite awhile since I posted here. Being a charter member of Bloopers Anonymous I have been remiss in my duties, so...

I was home sick today and got bored so I figured I'd try to shoot a spinning quarter. should be easy, right?

Okay, here's our intrepid quarter spinning madly. It helps to close one eye and squint hard with the other.
spin_not01.jpg

And this one is spinnin' so damn fast the camera can't even record it. Nah, really, ol' George is spinnin' his ass off, just not anywhere in the frame.
spin_not02.jpg

Apparently this is harder that I originally thought...

Nice. It took me quite a few tries to get my penny shots. Trust me... I had a ton that looked like this. Spent more time chasing the penny around then getting the picture. Keep trying...it will happen.
Hope your feeling better too.

ahh i remember the quarter shots i took a few months back...took like a billion before i got one. what i thought helped was marking a small line on the table with pencil just small enough to be able to see but not be seen in the photo. draw this line at the point of focus that way when you spin your quarter and it is on or very near to the line just shoot in bursts. i hope this helps

best of luck to you

Most reactions

Back